Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Firmware Release (22.58.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/14

Hey all!

Today we have completely released (out to 100%) this new Charge 2 firmware (22.58.0) to all users. This means everyone should now see it available for download in the Fitbit app. Please update to this new firmware. For instructions on how to complete the update, read How do I update my Fitbit device?

If you come across any difficulty updating, read Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We've included bug fixes and improvements in this new firmware and always recommend having your tracker up to date, including the Fitbit app on the latest app version. 

Fitbit Update: 7/24

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce a new firmware update for Charge 2 (version: 22.58.0). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Charge 2 can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating your Charge 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
846 REPLIES 846

@Barcle @Nursebird66 @hulagirl88 @Preppymommy @FBdrama  Hey everyone!

I'm pretty sure the issue you are all experiencing is when receiving text notifications you only see the sender's name and not the actual content's of the message. I have floated a thread and am tracking this issue on the Community Android board. Please follow this thread for updates. 

@MrsColey79 @jen30rog I'm glad to hear you both successfully updated to this new firmware for Charge 2! However, it does sound like you're now experiencing some issues with the battery. My best suggestions would be to make sure you fully charge the device to a full battery. After that, monitor the battery life to see how long it lasts. In addition, please make sure you have the newest version of the Fitbit app. If you're still experiencing short battery life, please let me know so I can help with next steps. 

@VGio We release new firmware in stages to ensure we're being cautious and it is working as expected for our users. If you don't see it yet, you will once it has been pushed to you. I expect in a few weeks or less to have this firmware out to everyone who owns Charge 2. 

This thread is intended to discuss the new firmware (version: 22.58.0) which has started rolling out to users who own Charge 2. Please let's keep this thread on-topic and productive for those who have already updated and would like to report specific issues during or after the update. If there are other issues that do not involve this firmware or are about the Fitbit app instead please open a topic on the corresponding board. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Updated firmware on the Fitbit, and stats appear to sync and update on the iPhone app but the Fitbit device status remains "Failed to sync..." 

Best Answer

In reality Fitbit could care less about fixing issues with the Charge 2, especially those out of warranty. I had a Charge HR that they bricked with a firmware update. They replaced it and then bricked it a couple months later with a firmware. I gave up on trying to do another HR. 

Then I was given a Charge 2. And after about 14 months it's now a mess. It's stuck on the notification screen and vibrating until it dies. Charge it again and it just repeats the process. And you know what i seriously doubt they will fix it. Fitbit hopes that we will all buy a new Fitbit. In the end it's all about money, not the consumer.

Let's hope I'm wing 6.

Best Answer

I wondered what the issues were. My fitbit  has been working without issues until about a week ago. Battery died every day and had to charge each day. Today, I charged this morning and then I was wearing it and it got so hot that I thought I would blister. Took it off, kept heating higher so I put it in the fridge to cool it down. It is deader than a door nail right now. What a poor update this has turned out to be. 

Best Answer

The firmware has been released to me however I am having zero luck loading it.  It keeps saying there is a problem and to make sure I have bluetooth on and web connection.  Which I have both.  I've restarted the app and the Fitbit multiple times to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Best Answer

I don't know whether my Charge 2 has done this update or not but it seems a strange coincidence that as of yesterday it has suddenly almost completely died. If I put it on charge, it will allow me to restart it, and shows as charging and then fully charged, but remains on for no more than minutes after removing from the charger. For a day or so before this happened I had noticed a few lines of pixels being missing from the screen (like when a printer is running out of ink) and had also had the text message issue but other than that it had been perfectly fine. Can you suggest any fix?

Best Answer

@Splashmonkey  Mine's doing the exact same thing since about noon eastern time yesterday.

Best Answer

After updating I no longer see my sleep changes on my Charge 2. Solution?

Best Answer

I have the Charge 2 and since the most recent update it's not up to par.  The heartrate monitor no longer works, text messaging no longer works, and the battery life is subpar.  I am pretty sure the goal is for us to buy the new fitbit in replacement.  I am just not so sure I want invest in yet another fitbit after experiencing the same issues with previous version. 

Best Answer

Since this new update I've been experiencing so many issues. Not receiving text message or call notifications anymore, no reminders too move, problems with syncing and sleep log as well. I really wish they would have left well enough alone since I had no issues with my Charge 2 prior to this update. I had planned on treating myself to an up grade for my up coming birthday but if these issues are not fixed I WILL NOT invest in another Fitbit product since to me that would just be foolish on my part. Fitbit, please see to it that you fix your mistake. You owe it to all your Charge 2 consumers to do so!

Best Answer

The Heart Rate Zones summary and average heart rate are no longer appearing for my "Walk" activity.  Did the update remove this from the software?  This summary appears fo all similar Walks prior to 7/29/2019

Best Answer

I have tried multiple times to implement the update for my Charge2 without success and each time it stalls at about the halfway stage.  I also notice that there is a significant battery drain from full charge to 50% reduction after two attempts to update and have need to recharge the battery several times. I have a new Nokia 7.1   I would appreciate any suggestions for resolving this problem.

Best Answer

The update killed my charge 2.....literally. After the update it won’t even turn on, it won’t charge, it is dead. Is there solution to reboot it? I’ve plugged it in, left on charger for 30 minutes and tried to hold power button for 4 seconds to reboot and nothing- not even a flicker. So frustrated

Best Answer

That would be great if my Fitbit didn't stop working properly last week.

First a black screen, then saying battery is dead within a day of charging, and as of yesterday won't come on at all.

I've never abused it, in fact I'm not the only one who has had these issues and Fitbit doesn't stand behind their product.

I probably won't be buying another one, especially since Fitbit won't stand behind their product or have a designated failure in order to sell more product.

Best Answer

Since the update pushed through, my fitbit is no longer recording my workouts.  Instead, it is logging middle of the night bathroom trips as elliptical workouts or logging workouts while I watch TV.  Treadmill - nothing.  Playing "just dance" with my kids - no workout.  Last week it was logging these workouts fine.  It must be the update.

Best Answer

Mine was working fine until last week. Looking back my steps seem correct, but calories and minutes are superinflated (7000+ cals, 700+ minutes) even on days where I didn't work out at all. It won't stay on after a full charge for more than 1-2 minutes now. I thought it had died so I came on here...probably this update.

Best Answer

@SybilG Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm happy to hear you've successfully updated your Charge 2 to this new firmware. If you're having syncing difficulties, check out this help article for some suggestions: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Hope these help! 

@Drfood Hey, there! I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Charge 2. In your case, I've opened a case for you with our Customer Support team. Someone will be reaching out soon to assist you. We want to ensure you receive some options in case we're not able to further troubleshoot. 

@OriginalLucy Hi! Thanks for stopping by the Charge 2 board. I've checked in with our Customer Support team and noticed you have already reached out and opened a case for this issue. Please follow-up via email with them so we can continue assisting you. 

@Aholtz01 @Renwick Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm glad to see you both here. If this new firmware has been pushed to you, I recommend doing a full restart on your mobile device. In addition, make sure the Charge 2 is plugged in to charge to a full battery. Doing another restart on the device should also help. If you still have trouble, please let us know!

@Splashmonkey @Julie_D @iectica @Phoenix7117 @CarmenEll Hello! Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Great to see you all here. We're still pushing out this new firmware to customers. If you've seen a banner inside of the app prompting you to update and then completed the update, you're on this new firmware version: 22.58.0. If you didn't do that, the new firmware hasn't been pushed to you yet and you're still on version: 22.55.2. For the issues you all mentioned, I recommend trying a restart on the Charge 2. Please also make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app downloaded to your mobile device. If you continue to have issues, we can connect you to our Customer Support team for more options. 

@Pub52 To read more about Sleep stages, please check out: What should I know about sleep stages? and look for "Why don't I see sleep stages today?". 

@CinnamonT3 Hi! Great to hear you've updated to this new firmware. I recommend giving the tracker a restart to start with. Also, make sure you have the newest version of the Fitbit app on your mobile device. If this behavior continues, let us know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlessFitbit

You guys at Fitbit do not seem to be understanding or listening to your customers. Something happened in a recent update to the App and/or Firmware that has essentially bricked the Charge 2 trackers we paid good money for. Fitbit as a company has a horrible reputation for supporting customers when you guys screw up. The Charge HR is a perfect example. Something was done to the app or firmware which bricked the HR's for a lot of people. When people started asking questions and documenting issues, Fitbit's response was....your device is out of warranty and we do not make the product any longer nor do we support it....so stop complaining and buy a new Fitbit. Devices like the Charge HR and Charge 2 should last at least 5 years when taken care of. not 12-24 months. That is ridiculous.

If you guys can't or won't fix the Charge 2 devices that are bricked, then you need to either give us a refund or give us a new device with a longer warranty.

I have done everything that I have been instructed to do by Fitbit at least 50 times. Guess what?! Nothing changes. I charge the device it starts scrolling through screens and settles on the notifications screen flashing and vibrating. Then the battery dies. I have now attempted to reset the device well over 50 times in the past week. nothing.zero nada zip bricked device.

Fix our devices or give us a refund 

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit:

Feeling quite frustrated at the moment- Fitbit has pushed a firmware update for the Charge 2 that has rendered my Charge 2 useless. It will not turn on, no matter how many times customer support tries to help me reset it. Then the customer service agent Jose, has the audacity to tell me it was because my display was faulty before the update.  No, Jose, it was not! It worked just fine- I could see my date/time, steps, heart rate, floors climbed, texts and calls from my phone and it charged just fine and held the charge just fine......and then The update and I have a bricked Charge 2 that does nothing- not a flicker, vibration, no charge symbol—nothing, nada. Jose then has the audacity to offer me a whopping 25% discount for a new fit bit! When I reiterate that my device was not broken until their update and 25% is an insult, he puts me on hold and comes back to offer 50% discount. I don’t need a discount- I had a perfectly fine device until your stinking update!!!! So Jose hands me off to Ana, a supervisor- who tells me she is so sorry for the inconvenience and this is the first report they have of such a problem with the update. (It’s all over the fit bit community thread)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-Firmware-Release-22-58-0/m-p/3642662#M208004

So while she tells me she understands and is sorry for the inconvenience, 😒the best she can do is 50% or have it reviewed by a higher case team and she will provide me with a resolution  in 24-48 hours or I can take the 50% discount.

I’m disappointed- I had the same problem with my flex and ended up upgrading to the Charge 2 and now it seems the same is happening again. Sadly I feel they will only repeat the routine in a year or two so I will be forced to buy their latest and greatest product. It’s going to take at least an 80% discount for me to even entertain another Fitbit product again. I can buy cheaper knockoffs on amazon and at least when they die, I won’t be out $180-$200.

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Hi I think it’s fair to say this release had caused a lot of problems. Since the update my Fitbit has gotten worse!! Immediately after the update it couldn’t hold a charge on a full battery for more that 2 hours if I don’t move. (I discovered that the green sensor lights stay on all of the time now). Then it stopped responding to the charger so I have to wait for it to completely die before it starts to charge. It’s stops charging half way and become none responsive again. Now the screen is completely dead. I haven’t used it since Saturday so it’s not because it’s been damage. 

Best Answer