Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Light Staying Solid and Bright

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've owned a charge 2 for almost a year and just recently the green lights for measuring heart rate will not turn off. My battery has been draining faster than ever and I've tried (and failed) to fix it. I attempted to shut off heart rate monitoring and the lights are still in. I have also tried to restart it but I'm not sure i did it correctly. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Hey @nwroble, it is cool to see new faces aboard! Smiley Happy Remember that after you turn off the heart rate monitor, you have to sync your Charge 2 so the changes can be saved. If you have done so, and the lights still on (which is also the reason why the battery is draining so quickly) please try to restart your Charge 2. You'll find the instructions below: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I seem to experience it the same problem. It just started today. I hadn’t been getting a heart rate reading all day and the green lights never came on today, then it just died. After I took it off the charger, the green lights got super bright. I’m getting a heart rate reading now, but the green lights are doing some funky things. Going dim, then super bright, then dim again. I tried restarting it using the instructions you gave 3 times, but it hasn’t helped. Any other suggestions? I got mine for Christmas last year (2016), so I’ve only  had it right at a year.

Best Answer

Hey @Bebe2blu, it is nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 2. Since you still getting issues with the heart rate monitor, I'd suggest you something else: 

- Turn OFF the heart rate monitor 

- Sync

- Turn it ON

- Sync again

- Restart it

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue - and about the same timing.  Chatting online with someone at Fitbit now.  I'll let you know if we figure anything out...

The online chat was not helpful at all.  I'm going to call them later instead.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I ended up chatting with support and they are sending me a replacement after trying multiple troubleshooting procedures. One note though, while waiting for my new charge 2, I kept wearing the broken one. One night I woke up around midnight with it burning my wrist! I couldn’t get that sucker off fast enough! It was blazing hot and the green lights were so bright it lit up the room! So if you’re having the same issue as me don’t wear it!! It even left a little red mark on my arm wear it burned me!

Moderator edit: personal info deleted

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue as well.  I tried restarting the fitbit multiple times, switching the heart rate setting to "off" and then synching and then switching back to "auto" and synching again, with no success.  I chatted with someone on their website, who thought the heat rate monitor was simply "broken".  Is there any last ditch ideas before I end up trashing this thing?  I'm surprised that for how much this cost and for as well as I took care of it (had it about 2 years) that it conked out on me already 😞

Best Answer

Same. This is actually the second tracker that this happened to me on. Last time (only four months ago!), I was within my one-year warranty and they sent me a replacement after they received and reviewed my defective tracker. Now the replacement is doing the exact same thing. The HR monitor light drains the battery in half a day. All troubleshooting has failed, such as turning off the HRM and syncing with the app, resetting the tracker, etc. Now that I'm out of warranty I doubt I'll get much help, but I may personally steer away from Fitbit products in the future due to their high cost and evidently low quality. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @apg703 A warm welcome to our Community! You both seem to have tried all the recommended troubleshoots for this type of issue. The best thing to do is letting our Support team know about the issue. You both seem to have contacted them already so I wanted to know what did they say?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

They told me that there was nothing else that they could do, and offered me a discount on another tracker.

Best Answer

My issue went away for a couple of days, then came back again, then went away.  When I toggled the HR monitor on and off and did some resets of my tracker I was getting a couple of days when it would work properly.  It kept coming back though.  I also ended up with a bunch of condensation under the glass and FitBit agreed to replace it for me due to that - it was also within the 1-year warranty window.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me that my account is associated with the original tracker that I sent back in January. They acknowledge that they had received it, but are telling me that the serial number of the replacement they sent me does not match my current tracker. I was told to "look around my house" to see if I have another tracker. I'm extremely frustrated and looking into other fitness trackers. 

Best Answer

This is exactly what my Fitbit Charge 2 started doing today. Fully drained battery in 2 hours, recharged to 100% and back down to 65% within 20 mins. I have tried the HR monitor off then on, with syncs in between, then FB2 reset while plugged in, but nothing making any difference. Any other ideas? 

Best Answer

Same issue with my Charge 2. Seems to be a defect with these devices.

Best Answer

Here the same.

it starts with stopping heart beat measurement when sweating and today suddenly the green LEDs are bright and battery is fast empty.

reset gave no effect.

Best Answer

Same problem here. I’m using Charge 1 though. I’ve had the watch for over 2 years. Seems like most ppl are having this problem after a certain amount of time. Wondering if it’s a thing they do to get people to buy new Fitbits... hmmm

Best Answer

Same issue for me.  When I chatted with support I was told "Good news!" and then told that I could get a 25% discount on a new one.  Good news would be that they stand behind their product when it's having a common issue like this one appears to be.

Best Answer

The same problem is happening to mine. I just talked to Tech Support but they have no solution but to let the battery die out then recharge and see what happens.

This is my 3rd Fitbit. My Charge HR broke after 2 years. My Alta is still working though. But I'm starting to think that maybe I should check out other brands.

Best Answer

Charge 2 is 5 months out of warranty and after resetting as the Fitbit moderator recommended, still not working.  Frustrating, since I just replaced the broken band 3 months ago.  UGH for the price and going to the higher cost Charge 2, you would be under the impression that you would  be getting a rather robust product

...this is the 2nd Charge 2 I have bought in 3 years,   Bottom line, time to replace it, but now leaning toward checking out the competition

Best Answer

Same problem on mine. Fully charged to dead in less than 4 hours. Ironically it happened to be less than a month out of warranty. Smiley Frustrated Got the same "we can give you 25% off a new one" from support. Will be getting something new from one of the competitors. 

Best Answer