Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Light Staying Solid and Bright

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've owned a charge 2 for almost a year and just recently the green lights for measuring heart rate will not turn off. My battery has been draining faster than ever and I've tried (and failed) to fix it. I attempted to shut off heart rate monitoring and the lights are still in. I have also tried to restart it but I'm not sure i did it correctly. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

How did you do this? I've got the same issue and need to make my fitbit last a couple more months. Looking to kill my lights as a temporary solution as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I think the problem you had is not the same as some of us had. Green light stays on isn't the same as the heart rate light. 

When mine had the green light, I did switch off heart rate but the bright green light was still on, there is NO solution on this 

Best Answer

I also switched the heart rate off on the app and tried they other trick and the light stayed on ... it got so bright it started to burn my skin. And it wasn't even tracking my heart rate. I've since bought a charge 3. 

Best Answer

@Irishmom2 @Verity2 @Kearnsey1 @covertpanda It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

@Irishmom2 @Kearnsey1  @covertpanda  you don't mentioned if you tried to troubleshoot this issue so I suggest you restart your device. After this change the heart rate setting to off, save and sync then change it to Auto and save and sync again. @Yolanda16 please try the restart mentioned before.

@Verity2 Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback. 

@Richb1963 good to know that the sensor is working fine after you troubleshooted this issue.

@Eldoy happy to hear that you have a new Charge 3.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. Just stating facts. Product obviously doesn't last and
FitBit doesn't stand behind their products. The fact that they support a 2
yr warranty in the EU but only 1 yr in the US is just wrong. I personally
will never buy another FitBit product and have told all the people I know
of the issues I've had. I'm sure they will make their own decisions for
buying future products based on the feedback they've received. I expect
that FitBit will go out of business and wonder why. Customer service
should be #1.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My Charge 2 was doing the same thing.   Didn't last an hour with the bright green light on, and mine is about 18 months old, so outside thee warranty,   Everything I see on here says throw it out or get 25% off another.  I rarely use the heart rate monitor so I ended up taking a very small drill and drilling into the center of the green light very slowly and carefully.  As soon as the drill bit got into the light, it went off.  The heart rate monitor doesn't work, but the rest of the fitbit works perfectly.  Charges, and stays charged, tracks steps, stairs, calories, etc...  not sure how accurate the calories will be without the heart rate monitor, but never really trusted that anyways.  

At least this is better than throwing it out.  Hope this helps others.  

Best Answer

They offer a 25% discount on a new Fitbit when you have this problem.  And I just checked into those prices.  They are offering me a "deal" which is about about $10.00 less than their current sale price.  That is not exactly a generous deal for someone having to replace a FitBit that is less than a year and a half old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  I have followed the troubleshooting with no improvement.  My issue started with the last App update.  Any chance there is a bug that needs to be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have no way to fix this apparently, and will only offer a 25% discount, which is a few dollars off their current sale prices. A pretty abysmal deal for replacing something that is less than a year and a half old.  (you have to contact support to get a special email for that, and plan on spending a lot of time on the phone with them.) 

One thing to check, is whether you might have used a credit card that offers extended warrantee on products. 

Also, I use this as a watch, and since the battery drains so fast, it was pretty useless even as a watch. I tried the recommendation on poking out the green lights, but even after doing that the battery only lasts about 2 hours.  

Best Answer

Green lights are very bright and are staying on and draining the battery.  I have tried all the steps as outlined in community e-mails.  My Charge 2 is less then 2 years old/

Any luck with your Fit Bit chat?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
They were a no show at the NYC Marathon ... everyone else that makes
fitness trackers was there, but not Fitbit (hmmm, I wonder why?)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same problem as most people in this thread. I tried the restart and other suggestions in here. Also chatted with support and no other help was suggested. I'm outside the one year warranty period so the only thing to be done is a 25% off discount toward a new Fitbit. However, I am done with Fitbit's poor quality products. This was my fourth tracker that failed in 2 years 9 months. I started with the Charge HR which kept coming apart between the band and tracker body. I had the first two replaced under warranty then decided to upgrade to the Charge 2 when the third was having the same problem near the end of the warranty period. I had two bands break within the first year but since they're replaceable on the Charge 2 I accepted this and thought that the Charge 2 was a better product than the Charge HR that I started with. Until this week when the green light issue came up. Based on my experience and the same issues many others have had, I'm not willing to spend any more money on Fitbit products. Also, I will never recommend Fitbit to anyone. 

Best Answer

Exact same thing for me with the heart rate measurement stopping while sweating from tennis.  I don't hit a two handed backstroke so they can't say it's impact related.   One green light bright, other flickering and then gone.   Tried the reset as instructed but as soon as it went into the charger, the screen went blank and now just the green light shows any life.   Not syncing.  Won't respond to the reset attempt in the charger and no response our of charger.   Right at 2 years.   Had the cracked screen issue at 13 months,  out of warranty of course,  now this.   Fitbit, sorry to hear a game of tennis on a summer evening is to much for you.   Unless this comes back to life, I'll be on to another provider and will be sure to tell how miserable the Fitbit quality is.   That's just too expensive to get not even 25 months of use out of.  Today was an exception as most days my activity is being behind a desk and the day I dig out the racquet, that's just too much for Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Have you found a way to fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no known fix for this.  

Best advice:  See if the credit card you used to purchase it includes extending the warranty. We got a refund for the one that died from our credit card, not from Fitbit.  (but to get it we had to show proof of replacement).

I really do believe Fitbit should be offering a better deal for customers who experience this problem. Mine lasted barely 17 months.  25% off a new model, which costs more than the original was pretty poor.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Checked on that when it happened and I did have an extra year of coverage,
but I'm a few weeks past that point. I should have thought about that back
when the screen first cracked.

With the current sales, the 25% they're offering is just a few bucks
cheaper than the sale price. Yeah, nice concession on Fitbit's part.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I suddenly started having the same problem yesterday afternoon.... lights stay on solid, and the battery won't charge no matter how long it's on the charger.  I have tried all possible combinations of resets, syncs, monitor configurations...

...and without a doubt I am past the warranty period.  Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. It just started happening to me too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After having the bright solid green light issue and reading the forum about this...makes me sad that this company won't help or stand by their defected product. I understand that if we damaged the watched and caused the problem but this is clearly a defect of the product if people are getting this problem out of the blue.  Probably won't buy their product again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything, including turning HRM on, off, auto, and resyncing after every setting.  Also chatted with Fitbit agent, went through above procedures, and when it all failed he offered me a discount on other Fitbit products. In desperation, I totally disabled the HRM by poking the tip of a pointed knife into both green LEDs on back of my Fitbit 2. The bright green light went out, the Heart Rate Monitor was disabled, but all other functions still worked properly. Battery stays charged for days. If you don't wanna buy a new unit, and can do without the HRM, just poke out the 2 small LEDs on the back of the Fitbit Charge 2 and you can still use it without the HRM but retain all other functions.

Best Answer