Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Light Staying Solid and Bright

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've owned a charge 2 for almost a year and just recently the green lights for measuring heart rate will not turn off. My battery has been draining faster than ever and I've tried (and failed) to fix it. I attempted to shut off heart rate monitoring and the lights are still in. I have also tried to restart it but I'm not sure i did it correctly. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

This issue happened to my Charge 2.    I was devastated, but decided to try something.   I stuck it in a drawer for 3 weeks (so the lights constantly on didn't bother me).   After about 3 weeks, the battery is totally discharged and I plugged it back in to charge.   Yes!!!!!   It worked.    everything is good now, we'll see how long it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alvaro, I did the troubleshooting you mentioned (several times) and nothing. Very disappointing. I will not be buying a Charger 3 or any other Fitbit. Done

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alvaro removed my previous post as being inflammatory... Not in the least it was more like frustration at a continued issue that is ignored. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problems just started, green bright lights stay on, battery discharges after 4 hours...

Reset the fitbit, recharged it - same deal. Unit is 2 years old, perfect condition..

Very surprised at Fitbit's responses in these forums, major malfunction with their product and they know the problem exists.

Where is the extended support, 25% off a new product doesn't cut it...

No fix for a $149 product, yet they would like you to spend another $115 to replace

Hopefully Fitbit will recognize that they are tarnishing their customer base...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Turn to join the ranks!

Last night I got the green lights of death that obviously FitBit knows about!

This really REALLY steams me !

I've been an avid FitBit user right out of the gate, since the start!

Even bought the Aria scale, dumped my Samsung gear to do so,

Now I'm pissed at my self for trusting a company that just does not care about their customers, AT ALL !!! 

So what now? Roll the dice and buy a new one and just hope and pray it doesn't go bad too?

FitBit, YOU REALLY NEED TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCTS!!

(Especially in this social Media age),

I forsee your image going down the dumps real fast just by reading this one and only blog!

Best Answer

Thank you Varacki, I poked out my lights! 😊 Hopefully it stays charged now and doesn't burn my arm! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've joined the ranks of having a Fitbit whose lights stay on bright, heartrate monitor doesn't work, and the battery dies.

All troubleshooting has failed, such as turning off the HRM and syncing with the app, resetting the tracker, etc.

There is no support for Fitbit here. Move on to another product that is not a Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Light gone super bright and hot, after troubleshooting lights are very dim and readings are no longer good. Besides, before problem with LEDs, i noticed some missing pixel lines on screen, but it's beyond warranty now, so - look's like RIP for my charge2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It just happened to me with the green light, I am going to let it discharge completely and see what happens.  maybe, I'll move to Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes
It will not improve. It’s junk. I had to get a new watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me among you. It’s certainly disheartening that this thread is approaching 3 years... and sales continue. I can only assume the company has chosen not respond. Need to spread the word.

Best Answer

I ended up buying yet another new C2 as a replacement, never ever heard back even, loyalty is not responded to very nicely here!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The rapid fire green light on constantly and changing from dimmer to very bright light started suddenly last night with heart beat tracking in auto mode.  After trying a number of steps with support, the watch suddenly lost its ability to connect via blue tooth.  They are providing a discount on a new one.  25% off.  If the same defect is in the new products, I think that buying another one would be a waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as above. Tried all solutions. Seems the latest firmware has broken the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the super bright green lights today. Tried all of the fixes but no luck. It’s sad that Fitbit knows about this problem, yet does nothing about it other than trying sell a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I gave up on fitbit will not buy from them again.

Less Than a Minute of Footage Was Posted. 2 Girls Died
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ec26affc66106aff27adst02vuc1
150 Gathered for Impromptu Memorial Service. 13 Were Shot
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ec26affecbfe6aff27adst02vuc2
Eric Trump: Here's Why Democrats Are 'Milking' Virus
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ec26b001f5446aff27adst02vuc3
Best Answer
0 Votes

This guidance does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get the green light off either. I have also tried turning off the heart monitor and re syncing  as well as restarting the Fitbit. What can I try next? This light drains my battery so fast that I am constantly recharging. Never had a problem with it before and it started after I charged it. Please help. Nancy

Mine got super hot too! Afraid to wear it now.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 i got on November 1st 2016 has also developed the same issue with the green Heartbeat sensors shining bright and discharging battery in a matter of hours. I will try the option of damaging the light sensors and see if i am able to use it minus the heart rate reading. Time to move on to  some other brand

Best Answer
0 Votes
Those wyze watches are decent and a little under $30.
Best Answer
0 Votes