Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Lights shining excessively bright and draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last two days one of the green lights on the back of my charge 2 has started shining so brightly it could possibly be considered a laser. because of this the battery is draining very quickly around 12 hours. Has anyone else  had this problem and know why this is and why the light is now blindingly bright.

Thank you

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@sheelee23 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't working as it should. Try cleaning the contacts including using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue.  Did simply cleaning the contacts solve the issue?  

Along with the green light always being on and the battery draining I get a message on my iPhone when I close the Fitbit app that says "Open Fitbit to keep your data synchronized".  Is this related to this issue?  App was updated on 4/17/2019.  Version is 22.55.2

Thanks,

Joe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues. I tried everything suggested. Still the SAME.

My One is having issues too. It keeps shutting off. 

Got out my Charge 2 because the One was wonky. 

What on earth is going on with Fitbit?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They offer a 25% discount on a new Fitbit when you have this problem.  And I just checked into those prices.  They are offering me a "deal" which is about about $10.00 less than their current sale price.  That is not exactly a generous offer for someone having to replace a FitBit that is less than a year and a half old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes