Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Heart Rate not showing on my app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My active heart rate is not showing up on my dashboard. Resting heart rate does. This has been for over a day. I read that it might be a weak signal, but should come back after a short walk. It has always worked until recently.  I switched it from "auto" to "on", but still no luck?? Help!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @Mimitothree3, how's everything going? Well, you can see live heart rate data if make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on.

If you're using the Android app, you'll only see heart rate data if you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled.

If this is all checked, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Let me know if after following those steps your HR is back! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hello there @Mimitothree3, how's everything going? Well, you can see live heart rate data if make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on.

If you're using the Android app, you'll only see heart rate data if you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled.

If this is all checked, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Let me know if after following those steps your HR is back! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you! I turned on all-day sync, and it worked. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Awesome! Music to my ears. Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping @Mimitothree3!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Did your steps but heart rate never showed on my app 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping on this thread @albertagirlWoman Very Happy Have you made sure that all-day sync is turned on? By any chance, did you verify that your heart rate tile is not hidden? To show hidden tiles: 

• Open the Fitbit app. 
  • Tap the "Edit" on the bottom of the app
  • Check the "x" on the tile you would like to show. 
  • Tap Done when finished. 

Hope to hear good news!

Best Answer

I never had all day sync turned on yet when I opened the app on my phone that little heart pulsed and told me what my heartbeat was. All of a sudden it stopped and I have the still heart with lines under. I do get resting heartbeat. What happened? Can this be fixed without turning all day sync on?

I have been using Fitbit for several years and would love to see this feature back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. When I reset my tracker, I forgot to turn notifications back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @whosails, thanks for jumping up here! Smiley Very Happy Well, the way that the live heart rate has been showed up on your app never changed actually. My first thought when reading your post was that maybe your tracker got unpaired for some reason and that's why it wasn't showing your current hear rate as it used to. Have you double checked that your tracker is still linked to your account? If by any chance you don't see it linked anymore, follow these steps to add it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Also, for the both of you keep in mind that you can see live heart rate data if you use the Fitbit app for iOS or the Fitbit app for Android with any Fitbit tracker that includes heart rate tracking. The Fitbit app for Windows 10 shows live heart rate data for all trackers that include heart rate tracking except Charge HR. 

However, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on.

If you're using the Android app, you'll only see heart rate data if you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled. Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad to hear your heart rate is back sweetie @GramgragonWoman Wink

Let me know if I can assist you guys further! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your effort to inform me on how to remedy this situation. Unfortunately I have spent a lot of on and off time in the past few weeks nothing that has been suggested works. I have owned fitbits for several years now. The result of my frustration is that I have taken the heartbeat symbol off my phone so it doesn’t bug me anymore.

Sincerely,

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

This still sounds very strange to me my friend @whosails. Thanks for keeping me posted, though!

By any chance, have you tried testing this feature in another compatible device? I know this is kind of annoying, but I'd like to figure out where the issue is coming from so you can be back on track.

I'm always here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I tried the steps you mentioned and I still can't get the heart rate to show on my ipnhone app. It's worked fine since I got the charge 2 a few months ago but all of a sudden stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping up here @mpfolly and trying my suggestions! Would you be so kind to confirm if you're still getting the heart rate on your tracker and that you're able to see the green lights flashing on the back of it?

If so and the heart rate is only on your Fitbit app, try the following:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Best Answer
Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes my Fitbit is on and the green lights
are working. I forgot the device on the app and my phone and now the phone
is not picking up the Fitbit on Bluetooth. I turned blue toon off and back
on and even restarted my phone but it didn't help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @mpfolly! Hmmm.. weird my friend, but thanks for following my suggestions. I'd like you to take a look at this post to see if every single step was already attempted without skipping neither or them. 

If that doesn't work, you can also try setting it up with another mobile device (listed here) if you have a friend that you can borrow their phone just to see if you get the same problem and figure out where the issue is coming from.

Fingers crossed!

Best Answer

Disregard it is working now!  I reset the Fitbit in the charger and tried your suggestions again and everything is back to normal.  Thanks so much!

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should definitely look at my happy face right now @mpfollySmiley Very Happy I'm very happy to hear you're back on track, thanks for your efforts with this matter. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Don't hesitate to stop by if you need anything else, me and more users are always glad and ready to help! Have an nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see my active and resting heart rate on my app on my iPhone but only my resting heart rate on the dashboard when logged in on the computer.  I really need a graph of what was monitored all day like what shows on my phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you @SGerman, thanks for stopping by! At this moment you can only see live data on the Fitbit app but not on Fitbit.com dashboard.

Note that you can see live heart rate data if you use the Fitbit app for iOS or the Fitbit app for Android with any Fitbit tracker that includes heart rate tracking. The Fitbit app for Windows 10 shows live heart rate data for all trackers that include heart rate tracking except Charge HR

Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on.

On a side note, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the our Feature Suggestion board on our community, which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have reset the Charge 2 twice, updated the app, turned my phone off a few times and I still don't see a beating heart on my Apple iPhone. I am not looking for it on Fitbit.com. It finally seems to be getting sleep time on the phone.

Thank you for trying.

Best,
Patricia Festino
Best Answer
0 Votes