Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Screen reversed and glitchy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a charge 2 for christmas and periodically the screen reverses itself and appears to be glitching. Attached are pictures showing the behavior. Has anyone faced this yet and had a solution? Or will I be sending it back?

ThanksIMG_20161216_022708.jpgIMG_20161216_022725.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

@kyjellyman  Looks like you may need to contact support about this. 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

It's nice to see a new face around @kyjellyman!  Before getting in touch with customer support as my friend @Kmransom123 suggested (thanks for your contribution here, btw), please try restarting your Charge 2 at least 3 times in a row and then try re-adding it to your account by doing these steps:

1. On the Fitbit app for Android dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

And let us know if this works! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Have only had mine for a week.  Contacted customer service and have to send it back for a replacement. Disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey sweetie @kristajean70, I'm very sorry to hear about this! At least our support team was able to found out the issue and they are sending a new buddy.

Don't forget to set up your tracker as a new device on your currently Fitbit.com account so you won't lose any previous data. Here are the steps in case you need them:

• On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  • Tap Set Up a Device.
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This didn't work for me. I reset it 4 to mes. . Any other options ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @DomJohn! Thanks for following the suggestion already provided. Since this hasn't worked for you, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly so they can give you a hand on this. 

Don't forget to attach a picture of the display, if case you have one so this process can go faster for a resolution. 

You have a good one! 

Best Answer

My Bad Maria,  I re-set it first and then it worked!  Thanks  Dominic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing news @DomJohnSmiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Enjoy it! 

Best Answer

What did the Fitbit team do as mine has done the same this morning, was wondering what to do??

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
It happened a while ago but I did find the answer in the community that essentially required me to turn it off and reset it.

I hope that is of some help
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping up here @Emma-Sing! I'd recommend following the steps suggested here. Give this a shot and let us know the outcome! Woman Very Happy

Thanks for your help my friend @DomJohn, the restart always works. Robot wink

Best Answer

How do you restart the charge 2 on iPhone?  I’m having the same issue with the screen reversing and mirrored.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn the Fitbit charger 2 off ???  Mine is doing this weird thing too after 11 maths owning.  Just out of the blue and it’s very disappointing 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping up here @Robbin-F @DaytonFlyer10! In order to restart your Charge 2, follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's something else I can assist you with! 

Best Answer

Problem cleared when I re-synced the phone and the fitbit.  I did this by going to the APP and taping on the right top corner and that brings up the account. The I touched the + sign to set up device. Selected by fitbit. Selected to replace the fitbit followed the next steps by holding the button on the phone down untill it gave me four numbers which I had to read backwards and enter them to  re-pair-ed the device.
And display went back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks however I had tech support help me a month ago lol. Had to plug in the tracker and hold the side button for 4 seconds and it re-caliberated. Everything has work great since. I did what you did on the account and nothing happened. Was frustrating.
Thanks for the message - Happy New Year !! 🎉

Sent from my iPhone.
Robbin Faucher
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2HR on Huawei P20 lite.

Mine just developed same problem - reversed display or sometimes scrambled gibberish when checking time of day.

I thought it would be a hardware fault in the chip but having seen all these posts I tried resetting by the usual method (connecting to usb socket and holding down button a few seconds to get the logo) but that didn't work. So I tried resetting by restarting bluetooth on my phone and "set up a new device" via the phone app, but that didn't work either ( the app showed "Connecting" until it eventually gave up.  Si I tried the usb reset again - this time it did work and all is now fine.  And all my data history is still there.

Message is - try everything and don't give up !!

Thanks guys.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all all of the above.  Now the screen is black and blank.  The watch is 32 months old.   

MH

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but also the screen looks like it’s shifted so not the whole thing is showing- so when I try to reset I can’t see the whole code 

Best Answer