Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Strap is defective in design

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 and love the device. I purchased it in October 2016 and functionally it does exactly what I need, and everything works.

EXCEPT!

After about 7 months while on a high altitude hiking trip in the Chilean Andes, the strap came loose without warning, right where the strap connects to the device. This happened once in the tent and I found it, but then it happened the next day while hiking - and presto - the watch was lost.

I was super impressed with Fitbit, because after explaining politely what had happened, they agreed to replace it free of charge.

I have been using the replacement device now for 10-11 months - and still love it. I depend on it! But then the identical failure occurred - the strap failed in the same place, apparently due to the exact same cause. Except this time I was not hiking, just doing stuff in the house. Luckily I did not lose the device this time.

SO:

This strap has a design defect. It seems many of the Fitbit straps have similar weaknesses. PRODUCT DESIGN - for goodness sake, FIX THIS DEFECTIVE DESIGN! You have amazing products, but this destroys the utility of your product, and truly spoils your reputation. Fix it, please!

Now I have to go search for a third party strap - a real pain.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20
Buy a third party strap, then when the time is right switch to a non-Fitbit
product. Strap problems have been prevalent for years, and they just don't
care.
Best Answer
0 Votes