Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 and Huawei Honor 6X and/or P9 Lite

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a Charge 2 for my wife, as a present. I am already getting embarrassed, can't pair it either with her (P9 lite) or my (Honor 6X) phones.

I have went through a lot of the threads before I post this. I just want to see if I understand correctly.

Both of the phones support Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy profile. I have the feeling the firmware on the Charge 2 might be old and that's why I can't pair/sync with a phone. I have installed the app on a Win10 and I'll use it to pair the device to my wife's account. The Win app should also upgrade the device firmware to the latest, right? I am having my fingers crossed that after the firmware upgrade the phones would be able to connect to the Charge 2.

But let's assume for a minute the phone can't connect to the phone. Do I have an alternative? Does the Windows (PC) app work with Windows 7 now or not? I am getting conflicting answers. If it works, I guess the work-around would be to sync the device via her PC (Win 7). The phone app should still get the updates from the cloud, right? So she'd 'just' lose notifications and instant-sync when she opens the phone app. She'd need to sync on the PC first, to see her progress on the app. Am I getting this right?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm returning this and getting a Samsung Gear Fit 2 - something that actually works.

kthxbai

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Neither of your phones are on the list of Approved Devices. Your Charge 2 will work just fine with a Win 10 computer with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.  That's what I use for my Charge 2 tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We all know the list of supported devices is incomplete.

Here is the kicker - the Charge2 won't pair with my Win10 laptop either! But it did pair with an iPhone.

Very poor technical experience so far. Very poor.

Best Answer

I'm returning this and getting a Samsung Gear Fit 2 - something that actually works.

kthxbai

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have never been able to pair my Charge 2 with either my Huawei Honor 6X OR my Windows 10 laptop.  I've previously spent numerous hours with FitBit representatives on the the phone, through email and Chat - to no avail - and to no agreeable alternative.  I've not had a reliable sync since November of last year!  And that was using a friend's iphone...  I've had an expensive WATCH that tracks my daily numbers ONLY.  I kept waiting for Fitbit to fulfill their promise to me that "an update was coming".  Still no results.  I'm just waiting to to be able to afford another tracker.  I'll never have another FitBit again.  I can't tell you how disappointed I've been with this experience with FitBit.  And I've steered all my friends and coworkers away from this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's Charge 2 display cracked explainable in less than one year of use. Not by impact, but by just regular every day use. We never got it to sync with Honor 6X, we're using a Win10 laptop with the Fitbit app on it, which syncs it at home over BT.

Now that the Charge 2 is almost dead (less than a year!) I am foolishly considering getting her a Versa Lite. But it seems like it has the same issue with syncing to Huawei/Honor devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes