Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band breaking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 Which I have had for almost a year.  I am on my 4th band, They keep breaking on the plastic piece that attaches to the fitbit itself.  I am not sure if this is still under warranty as I am either over a year or close to it, however, if this keeps happening, I can't afford to continue to replace the band every 3-4 months if even that long.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

.......send the Top Dog your failed Charge 2...something to chew on.

Best Answer

Fit bit replaced my lost watch because of the band breaking. The new Charge 3 has different band connector. They know they had a bad product with Charge 2.

Best Answer

I'm so sick of this issue. They are really no help at all. Second time in less than two years. They have lost me as a multi-year, multi-fitbit customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so sick of this issue. They are really no help at all. Second time in less than two years. They have lost me as a multi-year, multi-fitbit customer.

Best Answer
I am done with Fitbit, just bought my first Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the problem with the original Charge HR the bands didn’t hold up for not even a year.  They said the bands for the Charge 2 were going to be more reliable and better quality.  Sounds like they only made them replaceable and changed the lousy quality into a money maker.

Best Answer
I won’t ever buy one and will discourage any one from buying one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Agree! Got my first Garmin.
Best Answer

My fitbit is around 2 years old now, and I really enjoyed the functionality and features.  However, the strap has broke, and I now fear it will be costly to replace.  

Having now read all the comments on hear, I think I was lucky to last two years. 

I will pack the fitbit away and move over to Garmin. 

Best Answer

I have owned 2 fitbits.  I loved them both but the bands suck and Fitbit doesn't acknowledge this common issue. Just lost my second Fitbit after the replacement band (which costs about a third of what a new Fitbit costs) broke. I am doing my research on another brand of fitness tracker which is exactly what I told Fitbit I would do when I either lost my Fitbit or the band broke. There are other options....stand by your products or lose customers.  

Best Answer

Thank you,
Band broke twice 2018 and bought 1/2018
Interested

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since February 2017, this is the second Fitbit Charge 2 Accessory Sport Band I have had to purchase. The most recent was on Nov 14, 2018. With the first band, a clasp broke. On this band, it is splitting. Thus, I'm having to buy a third replacement. I wear and sleep with the Fitbit daily removing it only to shower. I should think it should last longer than 2 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One half of band will not stay tightly connected to Fitbit. I am not sure which part if connection is broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One half of band will not stay tightly connected to Fitbit. I am not sure which part of the connection is broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. I’ve had 4 different Fitbits and all have had problems with the bands so I might as well have just bought a more expensive activity tracker since it would work out to the same cost. I also have an Alta scale and since I moved last March it will no longer sync no matter what I try or they suggest and it is also at least 5 pounds different from my other scale, the one at work and the doctors office. After this Charge2 is dead I’m done with Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting to note that in the Fitbit Christmas message there's no mention of the amount of failed straps....…..

MERRY CHRISTMAS

FROM FITBIT

You don’t often hear us encourage you to take a step back, but with the year coming to a close, now is the perfect time to reflect on 2018 and all that we’ve accomplished together.

Since January, the Fitbit community has slept 3,165,313,917 nights, logged 200,929,632,017 active minutes and taken an incredible 43,943,436,687,746 steps.* And while you were making big strides in your health and wellness, so were we. This year, Fitbit introduced a new smartwatch, launched our most advanced tracker yet, helped get kids moving and introduced new health features for people around the globe.

We wouldn’t be able to do this without you, so thanks for moving us every day. Just like you, we’ve got big plans in store for the new year. And we look forward to cheering you on as you work toward your 2019 goals.

James Park & Eric Friedman, Co-Founders

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The clip mechanism wears and loses tension, a basic design fault, this in turn makes the device "not fit for purpose". Contact Fitbit and they'll replace it for you, you have to jump through a few hoops so don't give up.

As a comedic aside the Christmas message really ought to show how many straps and pebbles have been changed along with steps taken...………;

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM FITBIT

You don’t often hear us encourage you to take a step back, but with the year coming to a close, now is the perfect time to reflect on 2018 and all that we’ve accomplished together.

Since January, the Fitbit community has slept 3,165,313,917 nights, logged 200,929,632,017 active minutes and taken an incredible 43,943,436,687,746 steps.* And while you were making big strides in your health and wellness, so were we. This year, Fitbit introduced a new smartwatch, launched our most advanced tracker yet, helped get kids moving and introduced new health features for people around the globe.

We wouldn’t be able to do this without you, so thanks for moving us every day. Just like you, we’ve got big plans in store for the new year. And we look forward to cheering you on as you work toward your 2019 goals.

James Park & Eric Friedman, Co-Founders

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice to see James Park and Eric Friedman acknowledge the falult in the band even if they don't take any action to replace the defective bands.  I think it is deceptive and shows a lack of customer service on their part. 

Best Answer
0 Votes