Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band breaking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 Which I have had for almost a year.  I am on my 4th band, They keep breaking on the plastic piece that attaches to the fitbit itself.  I am not sure if this is still under warranty as I am either over a year or close to it, however, if this keeps happening, I can't afford to continue to replace the band every 3-4 months if even that long.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

.............Fibit will replace the bands, the cost to Fitbit is built into the purchase price, I'm on my third set of straps and second pebble. 

The pebble has a bit of a problem in the sunshine - the screen cracks.

Remember to wear your Fitbit with a wrist guard and keep it out of the sun - simple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm on my 3rd broken band as well!  Mine also breaks at the connection to the fitbit device.  That's a shame as I had to stop wearing it as it does indeed get pricey to either buy a new band or a whole new device.  Too bad they don't last longer. 

Best Answer

I bought bands off Groupon and those work well, and are way cheaper!

Best Answer
0 Votes

...........so that's your warranty out of the window. Why buy a replacement strap when Fitbit will replace failed straps free of charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No need to buy a replacement strap Fitbit will replace straps FOC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only if it's within a 1 year time frame. That's Fitbit's way out of the warranty. .

@MrZapie wrote:

No need to buy a replacement strap Fitbit will replace straps FOC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They only replace if it's within a year. And of course my band broke AGAIN yesterday - days after the 1 year warranty expired. 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

They will replace it, you won't get the whole charge replaced just the strap. The design failure of the strap makes the unit "not fit for purpose"

Fitbit are well aware they have a problem and will offer a replacement if asked. It's a tortuous process to limit the number of claims.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HR bands broke, so I bought Charge 2.  Its bands broke before 1 year was up which sent the watch flew across the studio during Zumba. They sent me a free brand nice and easy.  I have been very careful with the replacement, but 4 months now, it is broken so I had to order bands on Amazon. It is pretty obvious Fitbit original band design is the root cause because it is like glued, not locked, to the watch, and it will for sure break off again soon.  Unless there is a design change, I don’t plan to buy more Fitbit after this one dies.  I don’t want to feel fearful all the time about the watch flying off my wrist like a rocket. 

Best Answer

Not sure why you used your hard earned cash to buy a replacement band after the fitbit replacement failed after 4 months, fitbit will replace replacement after replacement after replacement probably until they cease trading.

I’m on my 2nd pebble and 3rd or 4th strap.

You May need a replacement pebble if the attachment points have become worn.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They only replace the strap if it's been less than 365 days. I talked with them, I was 12 days over, so no free replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfectly sums up the attitude of fitbit, though they're probably in a state of blind panic over the problem, every strap saved is vital to fitbit.

All is not lost, though depends what country you made the purchase.

I'm hoping your fitbit log shows the date the unit failed, and you took a couple of weeks to seek a strap replacement. 

Might be worth dropping a line to customer services at fitbit asking for a discount, failing that try a competitor to fitbit, explain the grief you've had from fitbit and would they consider offering you a discount for one of their products, once you get your replacement send a picture to the CEO's at fitbit, might wake them up a bit.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about the leather bands? I know they are on amazon..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Doesn't matter what the band is made of the failure point is the clip that fixes the strap to the pebble.

I had my 3rd set fail over the summer, initially Fitbit refused to replace the strap as they don't offer any warranty on replacement parts. 

We exchanged lots of emails, they reply to every email, as every email has a cost the admin' cost was way above the value of a replacement band.

I got bored with pointless emails "reaching out to me", so I sent one final email questioning their commercial integrity, copied in the office of the CEO and bought a competitor product. 

The reply offered yet another replacement band.

One day Fitbit will realise the value of customer service, but as in my case it will be a day too late.

Cheers

Best Answer

Brilliant Observation!!! Thanks

Best Answer

My watch is being held together with tape, because of the constant band issue with this watch. The piece that connects to the watch begins to crack. I have been having issues with this watch since I got it. It is unfair that something was paid for, and was not cheap, and I have tape holding it together. They have sent replacements, and the replacement keep breaking, because it is the unit itself, not the bands. Frustrating, to say the least! 

Best Answer

I am on my second Fitbit. The first one I purchased, the band broke about a year in and I remember I was shocked Fitbit just sent me a new one. Maybe it was within warranty. I am on my second Fitbit, the Versa. I know I have definitely had this under 2 years and the band broke! I don't abuse the Fitbit. I wear it daily and take it off when I shower and go to sleep. I contacted support and they basically said "Too bad, buy a new one"! I even asked if I can pay to have them fix it and they said they don't have tech centers! What the heck!!! This is aggravating and I will definitely make this known. Off to Twitter haha

Best Answer
Good for you! Go get em!!!

Michael Woody
330-815-0671 cell

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all” - Aristotle
“In a republic that honors the core of democracy-the greatest amount of power is given to those called Guardians. Only those with the most impeccable character are chosen to bear the responsibility of protecting the democracy” - Plato
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Don't give up, question as I did their commercial integrity and principles.

Explain, but don't threaten that you will explore multiple avenues for what is a reasonable request, 

As Fitbit "reach out" to every received email this has a considerable cost, eventually Fitbit do the right thing, only for the process of fail and replace to start again. 

The interchangeable strap feature is the Achilles heel of the Fitbit range, all Fitbit are trying to do is to limit the costs of second rate design. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

on my third watch and at least my 5th band.  keeps breaking at the same place as yours.  fitbit rep questioned my clean and care of product.  I guess you are not supposed to wear daily?  

Best Answer