Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band coming apart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Never thought I would be back on the Fitbit forum a second time in 3 days. Yesterday my husband showed me that one side of the band that attaches to the actual tracker has come apart from whatever it is glued to (I'm guessing it is glued, not sure exactly how it is attached) so I had him take off the other band section and it is not like that. Basically when the strap is in place it is gapping open above the tracker. I wish we could upload pictures here. We made sure there was nothing under the band to make it not be in proper place. I am about over the Fitbit's, but he likes them. Just for the money paid for them you would think there would not be this many problems. Anyone else having this issue, yet? His Charge 2 is only about 2 months old, or less.
Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I have had my charge 2 for less than 4 months and the buckle side of the band has broken.  The plastic is just not up to the job of holding the strap in place against the unit.  Can anyone tell me if this is also a problem with the leather strap, or has that been constructed better.  

I would have thought they would have learned valuable lessons with the HR, ( I had 3 of these that failed all under warranty), I accepted the voucher and upgraded to the 2 in the hope that this would not happen.  Expensive mistake!

Best Answer

I have had mine for over a year, but this is happening to mine too.  I don't want to have to send it in. Is it easy to change the band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine the c band came apart just lke yours   what dis they do????   what did they say.   I can still wear it but I am worried that I could loose it.. 

\

valeri

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine the c band came apart just like yours   what dis they do????   what did they say.   I can still wear it but I am worried that I could loose it.. 

\

valeri

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

They sent me a new band and i have no troubles with it since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my watch and fit bit charge 29.99 for bands amazon 9.99

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I will check that out if I need to. Fitbit covered it this time. Sent me a new one.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's interesting to read this has happened to so many people with the charge 2, my replacement strap is also broken and I've only had the watch 7 months. I contacted Fitbit, told to send photos. I'm really unhappy as I'm sure with another replacement this will only happen again. In my opinion they're very expensive items to be such poor quality 😞 I won't be recommending it which is a shame

@JeanetteL wrote:
Never thought I would be back on the Fitbit forum a second time in 3 days. Yesterday my husband showed me that one side of the band that attaches to the actual tracker has come apart from whatever it is glued to (I'm guessing it is glued, not sure exactly how it is attached) so I had him take off the other band section and it is not like that. Basically when the strap is in place it is gapping open above the tracker. I wish we could upload pictures here. We made sure there was nothing under the band to make it not be in proper place. I am about over the Fitbit's, but he likes them. Just for the money paid for them you would think there would not be this many problems. Anyone else having this issue, yet? His Charge 2 is only about 2 months old, or less.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I found a cover for the band on Amazon that has been working great.  It cost me less then $15 after shipping and I am really happy with it.

IMAG2833.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I contact support 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed them via the email address on the fitbit website

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed from the support and they responded very quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check this article , how to solve the broken bands

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue please suggest a solution to it...... Was this the thing for what I paid it didn't even last a year both my bands came apart.

@JeanetteL wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 band coming apart

Best Answer
0 Votes