Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 bands compatible with Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just heard about the upcoming Charge 3. Looks great! I’ve loved the Charge 2 and the 3 looks much better. 

But I’d rather not replace all my nice, third-party Charge 2 bands. Will they still fit the Charge 3?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

I agree, I ordered the charge 3 and I'm excited to get some cute bands.

Karen
Best Answer
Thank you Tony, I actually ordered one of the stainless steel ones!
Karen
Best Answer

I agree...same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huge disappointment Fitbit, HUGE!!!

Best Answer

Just got a Charge 3, the band connections are totally different. I was sad too, but Amazon has a great selection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon has great selection on Charge 3 bands and good prices.

Best Answer

Me too. They do it so consumers will have to buy all new bands. I will keep my Charge 2 and the cool new bands I just bought.

Best Answer

My only problem, is like a number of other people at work who have the charge 2, mine has developed a crease or crack from top to bottom after less than 2 years.  I probably will upgrade to the charge 3 and get new bands, though it annoys me.  I'm going to wait until at least the first of the year though to see how it's working or how many issues need to be fixed before I change over though.

Best Answer

Someone sent out a link to a number of new charge 3 bands and I was happy to see the one I use the most is shown.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They include bands in the package, they'll replace any bands that fail during the warranty period and there are a ton of bands available from other sources. I doubt that really factored into the matter. It's more likely that the engineers involved in designing the tracker never considered switching out the original band so why would anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer! I would love to buy this, but I too would like to be able to use the watch bands that I already own. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are the charge 2 bracelets comparable with charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can buy just the Fitbit Charge 3 band connector for metal bands on Amazon and then you can remove the Charge 2 band connector from your Charge 2 bands and use them with a Charge 3. Just search Fitbit Charge 3 band connector.

Best Answer

The connectors are $8 and a new band is $10. 

I have five bands for my Charge 2 that I got on eBay, in patterns and styles I can't get from Fitbit, and I think I paid less than $15 for all of them

Best Answer

I can confirm that the Fitbit 3 strap does not fit a Fitbit 2 or vice versa unfortunately as just bought one accidentally for my FitBit 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received what I thought were replacement bands for my Fitbit. They don’t fit and nothing on the site indicated that charge 3 and 2 we’re incompatible, they look identical.

very annoying and expensive too. This is my third band in less that two year, poor design and quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a bunch of bands for my cracked Fitbit charge 2, also just 1.5 years old. They won’t do anything about it past the warranty. I’m thinking about replacing it with an Apple Watch for Christmas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it's not shortsighted.  They want more money from you when you have to replace all your bands.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 has been a huge disappointment. First the screen kept going off until it finally failed altogether. I could still use it as a tracker by using my iPhone to read everything. Then the battery was showing low level after a couple of days even after a 9 hour charge. Now it’s failed altogether. After an all night charge it shows 1% on the iPhone sync. and there’s no record of action. Overall, a huge disappointment. One of my worst purchases ever.

Best Answer
0 Votes