Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery draining in 5 minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 18 months old Charge 2 tracker was fantastic with a battery life of 4-5 days. But recently after charging it, it would not last more than 5-10 minutes  - indeed not very useful. I restarted it, plugged it in a wall outlet, plugged it in my computer, let it charge overnight and nothing worked. I contacted support and, after verifying my account, they told me that the battery was draining unexpectedly fast - well 4-5 minutes I would qualify that unexpectedly extremely fast. They told me that I was not lucky, that I picked a bad apple, that the only thing they can do is to offer me a discount on my next purchase. Is it only me but 200$ each 18 months is a little bit pricy !  

Any other user experiencing the same problem, is there anything else to do ? 

Thank you for your help. 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I'm having the same problem. My Fitbit Charge 2 goes from 100% to zero in less than 5 minutes. As soon as it is plugged into the charger it goes back to 100%. Shortly after I wear it, the battery starts draining rapidly. The cycle continues. I'm a Fitbit user in Malaysia, can you please assist with support. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue last year immediately after a firmware update. I mentioned that the device was working perfectly until the firmware bricked it and they offered me the option of replacing it with another Charge 2 or a discount on a new device; I went for the replacement.

Note: my device was out of warranty by a few months but because it was their firmware update that killed the device they replaced it anyway. (If your battery is just old, you may be out of luck when it comes to warranty.)

Note 2: I have since purchased a Charge 3 which is fantastic if you swim!

Best Answer
Hello Neverlyn,

Thank you very much for sharing.
Unlike your device, mine is definitely not covered anymore. The display
went bust with dead pixels 3 weeks ago. Now it's the battery. I left my
Charge2 overnight without charging, out of frustration after the battery
drained for the upteenth time. I just gave up on it. Interestingly, the
battery charge started lasting longer than 5 minutes when I charged it the
next day. It no longer blacks out after 5 minutes and can last for about 8
hours before going flat. I guess I'll hang on to it until it dies
completely.

Fitbit has not responded at all to this thread. I was thinking of upgrading
to the Versa2 but now I'm not so sure if I want to do that. And judging
from all the other complaints and feedback from other users, Fitbit has a
serious customer service problem. The functions on the tracker are really
great and I'm really hooked on it. But it's a shame that they're not
improving the quality of the product nor customer service. Leaving it to
the good samaritans from the community like you to share your experiences
and/or solutions. There're cheaper China made trackers with better features
that are flooding the market especially here in Asia and Fitbit will
eventually lose out if they don't buck up.
Thanks again for sharing your experience Neverlyn.

Cheers,
Jay
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jay,

The forums are generally for community assistance.

If you require a direct response from fitbit you should log a support request.

That is what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same problem with less than 2 years of use. I was a very happy customer until this happened and then there was no recovering from it. Looking at this thread, it is clear that Fitbit is turning a blind eye to a systemic problem. Bringing up matters of warranty and 25% discount on subsequent purchases of perhaps another unreliable item reflects very poorly on Fitbit’s engineering prowess and customer satisfaction values.

Best Answer

i agree. I am on my 4th fitbit. Charge 3 just died after 21 months. All under 2 years. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing same issue. Battery is dying within 5 minutes of full charge. My device is around 3 years old and i already replaced my device once with in warranty period. It seems like a quality issue with fitbit devices. These kind of issues are very common in fitbit devices.

Best Answer

That’s great. I’ll give it a go. Mine drains in 2-3 minutes so I have nothing to lose 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my 4th Fitbit too: Charge HR (dead ~1 year), Charge 2 (battery died ~1.5 years), Charge 3 (screen died ~2 years) and Charge 5 (currently going strong!)

For a device I use 24/7, I'm not too worried about replacing it every couple of years. And in my mind, the quality is improving with each version. (My main gripe is their premium service is too expensive, so I just make do with the stats they provide for free.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I went to a galaxy watch when fitbit wouldn't stand behind there's. Best decision I made.... still going strong and not a hiccup with it.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing, my hand-me down charge 2 is no longer lasting 4 days without a charge, now  its only 4-10 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So everyone here having the battery drain issue started having this issue after updating to the latest firmware 22.58.00?

Best Answer
0 Votes