Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I've been using my Charge 2 for several months now.  I encountered my first charging issue this week.  I usually charge it about once a week.  Yesterday I topped the battery off to well over half full, and overnight I received an app update on my Android.  This morning I noticed my Charge 2 was not giving me notifications, and I wasn't getting my hourly reminders to move like I usually do.  I finally hooked it up to my charger again since I needed it to get through the weekend.  The indicator showed over half full, but was otherwise unresponsive.  The app showed I had zero steps.  I reset the tracker and it said it was dead?  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  It seems to be charging ok now.

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I have the same issue with my charge 2 which just started yesterday. How is this thread solved? When ever i see these "solved" fitbit threads i only find confused and bewildered fitbit users not knowing whats going on and moderators tactfully avoiding answering questions. These threads have no credibility. I'll contact customer service but i know they are the same. I gues that meens that fitbit products are just crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Only thing I saw was basically turn off every function that makes it a fit bit, rather than a watch. I can't get an apple watch, and I don't really want to get a samsung, but I may have to....

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been encountering this problem over the past two weeks. I've had this Fitbit Charge 2 for 2 1/2 years and, even after following all the tips in this thread, the battery is draining faster and faster. It used to hold a charge for 5 solid days and now I'm lucky if I get two before it just dies.

Best Answer

In case it helps anyone with this issue (which is the reason I found this thread when my Charge 2 started exhibiting the same issues), I resolved my problem by turning off the ‘All-Day Sync’ setting via the device properties in the app, then syncing.

It was interesting that I’d never enabled ‘All-Day Sync’, however when I was reviewing all settings to troubleshoot, there it was.

As a further update, it only appears the above change helped slightly, so unfortunately I still need to charge every day and am now troubleshooting further via support.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

So i took my charge 2 back to the store i bought it from and they straight up gave me a rufund. I was surprised as i had already past the 1 year warranty period. I live in australia and i found that the consumer watchdog here forced fitbit to extend the warranty to 2 years. So if you purchased in australia and are experiencing this issue you should have 2 years of warranty. It seems that you might be better off taking it back to the store you bought it from like i did rather than talking to customer service who might not be aware of the local situation according to the post below.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Fitbit-Australian-warranty/td-p/1985281

Best Answer

@FW-1 @Dinuka Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry to hear that your tracker's battery is draining quickly. 

@FW-1 Try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves.

@Dinuka happy to hear that you got a refund from Support.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I'm on my second Charge 2 since my birthday in August.  Same problem as you.  Getting pretty annoyed.

I've tried all of your suggestions.  I'm on my second Charge 2 in 4 months.  Have only been charging on a trickle charger as I thought maybe I did something wrong with the first one, recently replaced.  I put the Fitbit on charge early this week and it vibrated like it was charging, totally dead in the morning.  The screen displays a battery with ! in it.  I have tried to re-set it as per your suggestion, nothing at all.  It is totally dead apart from the little exclamation mark battery which flashes for about half a second.  This clearly seems to be an issue with the Charge 2, not like they're a cheap piece of rubbish off the net.  Not really happy.  I'm guessing I need to waste my time and go back to the place of purchase (it was a gift for me) and get another replacement, making my count three in four months odd.  Any constructive advise - apart from you AGAIN posting the SAME response which seems to be your go to - would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the record it wasnt support that gave me the refund. It was the retailer i got my device from as i said in my post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR died today after a walk at lunch (temperature is just about freezing) and noticed it showed a dead battery icon. I'm going to charge it up after work, however if what i'm ready is true, I'm pretty much S.O.L. as mine was purchased as part of a black Friday sale last year and given to me as a Christmas present. kind of crappy battery life for a product like this from what I'm seeing here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mariam, 

I'm having trouble with my device losing charge rapidly as well, it now lasts less than a day from the original 5 days when I purchased it. This is a very sudden change and none of the suggestions have improved my battery life. Can you forward my problem to support so they can resolved it for me?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues as well. My charge 2 used to last about 5 days on a single full charge. I charged it on Friday and by Saturday at 6 pm it was down to 25%.   I have done nothing different in terms of what might drain the battery. This is very frustrating to have t charge it every day.  Are there any solutions to what seems to be a very common issue with the Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same sad story here. First Fitbit watch type failed at 13 months. I was offered a discount on a new one (of course the prices on similar models had gone up). Now about 13 months again and the battery no longer holds a charge longer than a day. I'm seriously considering the Samsung Gear or some other device. #FtBtSx for not making them more durable or repairable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All, just to share my own experience. I have had two Fitbit Charge 2 replaced due to this same battery problem. So it's the third one I m using now. Initial battery life was ok but just a few days ago, despite no change to any setting whatsoever, the battery life now cannot last beyond a day. Goodness me. Third device and the same problem clearly exists each time.

Best Answer
I've just bought my son the new Charge 3, really hoping it won't have the
same problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have had mine for a couple of years and it has been great no problems.  A few days ago this problem started and even when left to charge for 24 hrs and battery being fully charged, it only lasts for a few hours then goes completely blank. When I plug it in to charge again the battery is showing to be at 0%. I finally decided to just order a new Charge 3 but still want to use my Charge 2 for my son.  I love my fitbit and really use it a lot so this is but this a major inconvenience and   very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you on this. Though my tracker lasted me 2 years, it suddenly died on me. Dont think i will get another tracker again. 

Mine lasts for about 4 mins when fully charged. 

Tried all the trouble shooting methods but not got back to life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , I have had my Fitbit charge 2 for almost two years and it was working fine. However, recently it uncharged completely dead I know it should have had some charge as it usually lasts a week. But I charged regardless this morning full battery I wore it and by 12:30 it's dead again not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. I tried resetting it and it is still happening. 

Best Answer
Hey, same thing with mine. Tried everything didn't work. Ended up ordering
the inspire hr. It's waterproof, much cheaper,lighter but lacks stairs
count.
Sadly these fitbits aren't built to last. Seen lots of people with dead
trackers.
Cheers

AC
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve found out that if you sync with two or more IOS devices l, things may screw up: no syncing, not finding the fitbit device, faster battery drain due to other settings on the other device (like Sync all day).

I solved this by removing the fitbit device on one device and deleting the app there. Then reset your fitbit device to factory settings and re-add (newly) your device to the other IOS-device.

obviously charge your device overnight fully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your solution is to turn off every function that makes this thing useful and worth buying. That is not what I call a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes