Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining to fast and heart rate stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for 18 months, having received it as a Christmas present from my partner. The last 17 months it has worked flawlessly, always tracking my heart rate, steps, activity, sleep, floors etc and always syncing and providing notifications. 

The last few weeks I noticed the HR monitor had stopped working, I tried resetting, changing the strap tightness, letting it die and recharging and nothing worked, I figured "oh well, I can live without it" but now I've noticed my Charge 2 battery being drained from 100% to nothing in a few hours. I've tried resetting 3 times, turning off all settings that use battery (silent alarms, notifications etc), letting it die and recharging again but nothing seems to work and now I'm left with a useless Fitbit. Ive also noticed a thin black line (almost like the pixels have broken) across the screen about 1/3rd way from the top since I reset the device.

Can anyone help?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

Same here, pulse —.  It seems there a lot of us with this problem, and the best the company can do for us is 25% off. This is my second failed Fitbit device, there will not be a third. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 losing its charge quickly and not getting a proper heart rate reading. 

There was an issue with the Android app causing it to use too much mobile data and draining tracker's battery quickly. If you are an Android use then please update the app since a fix has been released.

If the battery issue persist then clean the tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. Charge your tracker by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port or use an UL Listed usb wall adapter. Restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

The restart should also help with the heart rate. For this you can turn off the heart rate on the tracker's settings, save and sync your tracker then turn it on or auto and save and sync again. Also follow these instructions to get a proper reading.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I'm trying to find some good answers about this issues and all I can see it's the same copy paste answer everywhere. 

It's interesting how many people are having problems with this tracker and especially after 1 year when the warranty is no longer in place.

25% to buy another one because some updates were made specifically for this to happen.

That's why I hate updates and the fact that more and more often you can't use an app anymore without updates.

I would like to see a more competent answer not an ordinary company policy copy paste 30 mins to read long answer

Best Answer
I feel the heart rate monitor on the watch has failed due to a defect of moisture at the sensor. My Fitbit has never been in water, so it must be due to condensation. It’s not fair they offer a 2 yr warranty to the folk in the EU and not us in the US.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Heart rate tracking stopped mid bike ride Sunday and hasn’t come back. It had cut out a couple of times in the days prior, but now it’s just gone. Also, I charge my Fitbit every day while I shower and that keeps it going just fine. Until now, when it drains very quickly. What is the solution to this? Is the battery going bad? Please help. 

Best Answer

Finished my troubleshooting with customer support. Tracker is now completely dead, will not restart nor charge. Support was polite but unhelpful. Unfortunately for me, I don’t think 25% off of another product is a sufficient resolution. These devices are supposed to be built to withstand an active lifestyle but they seem not to last. I cannot afford to replace every 18 months even with 25% off. 

Best Answer

Hi. I've got the exact same symptoms you describe. Including the thin lines on the screen. However, the other day the screen completely switched off. Very odd. Currently talking to support via email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not entirely sure how they deem this device useful when it doesn’t even track your heart rate properly.  It’s a complete waste of money in my opinion.  The answers I saw were that exercises such as weight training and jogging would cause the wrist to change shape or retain moisture so that the heart rate couldn’t be measured and to wear a waist device!!!! So why wear this at all?!!!

Best Answer

Please let me know the resolution, as I am having the same issue.  My fitbit died last night and I haven't been able to get it to restart.  Thanks, Cathy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

its not going I have done all that and still battery last less than 24 hours. what is up with that? This seem to happen after the new update. I am a bit upset about it. Please fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cathy. I've opted for a free replacement. However, given FitBit's build quality I'm not completely convinced this will be the last one. I know people who have had two replacements in 12 months!
Best Answer
Does anyone in this thread know where I can find the link or email address
to report this? This is the 3rd time I replace a fitbit and want to get in
contact. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the top of this page and click on the question mark. Then click on contact customer support. Good luck, if you are within your one year you should be okay. I was not, unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!! I am not within the one year, unfortunately.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Then you are probably out of luck. They will offer you 25% off a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mihai08@Lpvancini@StaciF@wimapp@LisaMoore007@cds2015@powder, and @ldelapaz

If you're still experiencing issues with the battery, please make sure that you've updated your Fitbit app to version 2.74.2, as it addresses any remaining concerns related to this issue.  

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

In regards to the heart rate inquiry, I'd like to start saying that your tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. If you haven't already done so, please review our recommendations for wear and other tips shared by @SantiFitbit

If you're wearing the tracker correctly and the heart rate setting isn't turned off, try changing the setting (either Auto to On or On to Auto) and then syncing your tracker. The change won't take affect until you sync. If heart rate still doesn't appear after the sync, try restarting your tracker once again and wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again.

If you're still unable to see your heart rate on the display, please let me know if you can see the green lights flashing on the bottom of your tracker.

When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

In regards to the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

Additionally to this, I'd like to add that the warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This means that your tracker will be covered for a full year and during this period of time you can receive any replacement in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker is still between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this applies until the stipulated time of the warranty had expired.

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the reply Maria, but my Charge 2 is now completely dead. Cannot be reset, charges, or restarted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The quickly draining battery is because its bad, Don let Fitbit tell you otherwise because they'll try their hardest to skirt giving you a replacement. As for condensation, they claim the charge2 is water resistance but not proof, seals are not good. Have them replace it.

Best Answer

Hey @StaciF, I hope you are doin' great! Oh! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't responding at all. Just by curious, I'd like to know, have you get in touch with our Support team? If so, could you please share with us what was their resolution? Let me know. 😉 

@JNL767, how are you my friend? The Charge 2 is water resistance, as you can see here in the manual. Now depending on the type of damage, the warranty might cover it or not. That is something that Fitbit Support determines after further investigate each specific case. Depending on the country of residence, the warranty policies change. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I did contact support and after determining that my Fitbit was indeed dead (which I already knew) and that it was out of warranty (which I also already knew), their “solution” was a 25% discount off of another Fitbit. Needless to say, I was not very happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes