Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining to fast and heart rate stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for 18 months, having received it as a Christmas present from my partner. The last 17 months it has worked flawlessly, always tracking my heart rate, steps, activity, sleep, floors etc and always syncing and providing notifications. 

The last few weeks I noticed the HR monitor had stopped working, I tried resetting, changing the strap tightness, letting it die and recharging and nothing worked, I figured "oh well, I can live without it" but now I've noticed my Charge 2 battery being drained from 100% to nothing in a few hours. I've tried resetting 3 times, turning off all settings that use battery (silent alarms, notifications etc), letting it die and recharging again but nothing seems to work and now I'm left with a useless Fitbit. Ive also noticed a thin black line (almost like the pixels have broken) across the screen about 1/3rd way from the top since I reset the device.

Can anyone help?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

Great solution (not).  I have the same issue with Charge 2.  Customer service agent told me I can get a competitors product... which is a good plan.

Best Answer
maybe we should all go to

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/20/fitbit-cofounders-james-park-and-eric-friedman-are-coming-to-disru...

and ask them why they won't support their failing hardware.
At least we have their names now.. We should email them for a replacement
of their failing hardware

Thanks

Larry...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lpvancini wrote:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/20/fitbit-cofounders-james-park-and-eric-friedman-are-coming-to-disru...

Thanks

Larry...

@Lpvancini wrote:

Thanks

Larry...

when iphone's batteries were faulty they offered free battery replacements.  Thats why my next fitness tracker will be an apple watch.  They at least stand behind their product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.

Heart rate monitor is dead.

Battery drains in less than a day.

There is obviously an issue with these devices.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here looking for answers. After already having a bad experience with my wife's fitbit not lasting, I guess I should feel lucky mine 2.5 years. No solution to the bad hardware. FitBit CS just likes to post blurbs about stuff that doesn't help...over and over...Apparently a new brand is on the list for Christmas for me.

Best Answer

Hi I'm having the same exact issue as the woman described above.

I've had the fitbit charge 2 for about 18 months now and a full charge will usually last me 5 days.  I've never had any problems with the watch, (save for the cheap bands that keep breaking), but 2 days ago I noticed that the watch battery drained VERY QUICKLY.  Even on a completely full charge the watch will not last even 12 hours!  It's almost useless!

Please be clear, this was not a gradual battery issue...It was extremely sudden.  It went from lasting 5 days, to less than 12 hours in the past two days. And I have not made any changes to settings at all and I've been using it the same as I have for the past 18 months.  No damage and it did not get wet.

Best Answer

When I first posted my question, I didn't read the prior posts...now that I'm caught up, boy am I disappointed =( 

Seems like alot of us are having this battery drain issue right around the 1-2 year mark, conveniently right after the warranty has expired...can you say Planned Obsolescence?? 

My watch has no damage, grime, or water submersion, and I haven't changed any settings at all, and definitely not any settings that would cause the battery to fully drain in less than 10 hours.  

It's not just the battery drain issue either, this watch also has the cheap band issue.  I've had to replace two bands on this watch because the bands are designed so poorly that they snap off very easily.  I was going to ask customer service for a replacement watch even though I'm slightly out of warranty (had the watch 1.5 years now), but judging from everyone's post it seems like CSR will just give me a 25% discount...I'm not gonna waste my time and i'm certainly not gonna waste my money.

I will never buy a fitbit watch again and I'll make sure my friends and family stay clear away from this junk!

Best Answer

Hi I’m having the exact same problem! My Charge 2 heart rate has not worked for about a month and the battery life drains super fast, from full to 15% in less than an hour.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

lorenzo@25lessons.com

646-320-6553

Best Answer
Sorry to hear that. I had to replace my Fitbit sadly. I now have a Garmin.
It is doing ok, but still prefer a Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I too have move on to an iWatch. Fitbit did not want to replace it. They
did offer a discount but I found out that buying a new one from a store was
cheaper. I hope now that they were bought up by Goggle, they will change
their warrant policy.

--
Sent from My mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing!  NO issues and then, one day, I started having to charge it at least 3x a day just to get my steps in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had exactly the same experiences 

Spoiler
as the people on here. after reading through their comments I have decided to cut my loses and not contact customer services again. Obviously Charge 2 is not meant to work for two years. Likewise I will not be purchasing from fitbit again and warning friends and family not to either.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats why I left fitbit. Its a very short tern device. Mine didnt even last
a year.
And paying $150 for a one year device is not right.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its almost been a year since I left this crap behind.  I've been using apple products and been very happy.  I have never received any solutions from fitbit for my battery drain issue and they tried to tell me to buy another one. Since then, i found that when I experienced my issue is when fitbit was being purchased by google and to ensure sales, the firmware that was updated to all units caused the battery to drain right away rendering your fitbit useless, so you'll have to buy a new one ... this way google gets their money back for the purchase of fitbit.  I'm glad to see others are seeing the same thing. i've wasted $500 on fitbit products and now that i'm using apple I can see that fitbit tracking was not accurate at all and it would overestimate steps. you can scratch your head and gain 10 steps.

Best Answer

Same here. First thing that happened was Fitbit charge 2 battery was Dead. Got it on charger and it woke up but acted like it was a new device. So I had to re-pair with my phone as I would a new device. Got that taken care of, then it would take a charge. Charged full in 2 or 3 hours. Battery died overnight. I'm not shutting off all the features because that's why I bought it

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1. Had been working fine, then suddenly the green light stays on and battery drains fast. Can't seem to disable the HR or even reset the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes