Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago I noticed my charge 2 was dead shortly after charging to 100% 

It is on operating system 22.58.00.

I have cleaned both the charger and the Fitbit contact points. 
I have charged using my computer as well as multiple usb plugs. 
I have tried to restart my Fitbit. 
It is still not working. After reading some of the other posts it seems that a lot of people are having the same problem with their charge 2 and it started within the last few days and around the time that it updated to 22.58.00

i would be grateful if you could resolve this issue asap

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Vicky82., welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. Let me share with you that the battery of our Charge 2 was designed to last 5 days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your device. That said, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above information, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried - today, fit bit Charge 2 battery lasted about 10 hours and completely drained from 100% to dead.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit 

As I stated in my original post, I have tried charging from my computer, as well as various usb plugs. I have tried it with my iPhone plug as well as others connected to a wall outlet. The Fitbit charged up to 100% then the battery drains to 0% within 15-30 minutes. I would expect the battery to last a minimum of 24 hours before needing to recharge regardless of what features are being used. I would not expect to have to charge it 30-40 times in a day. I’ve turned off the features I don’t use, I also don’t have the screen on when I turn my wrist so these things don’t affect it. Additionally, the battery drains just as quickly when I am not wearing the Fitbit as well as when I do wear it. I followed the steps in the link you provided and continue to have the same issue. There seems to be a few people experiencing the same problem which started around the same time, and it seems to coincide with a recent update on the Fitbit. I would be grateful if you could sort this issue as I have followed all of the steps you mentioned and my Fitbit charge 2 battery is not lasting more than 30 minutes. My previous reply to you was removed as spam for some bizarre reason so this is the second time I am having to reply to you.

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issue as well and within the same timeframe of this happening within the last couple of days. This is a little ridiculous as I have tried the same steps and lucky to have the battery last a whole 5 minutes!

Best Answer

Mine is a bit more sporadic. I’ve had it die completely then charged to 100% via USB. On a couple of occasions it had lasted a day or two, but after recharging it then died within a matter of a couple hours. Similar to others I’ve cleaned contacts etc... 

Other family members have recently spent good money on new devices. I hope this is not a recurring problem where Fitbit batteries die after a year or two requiring a new device purchase at full price. If so, that would be quite upsetting. You have a nice product line, but not one I (and I’m sure many others) will continue to purchase if the quality cannot last for a reasonable period of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I had no problem keeping a charge for a few days until I updated the app this weekend. Now I can’t connect to anything, my Charge screen is blank and it’s not being recognized by Bluetooth. I know the screen is not broken because the battery icon is visible when it’s charging. Very frustrating! I don’t want to have to buy a replacement due to what I believe to be a system error. 

Best Answer

Me too. Now I don't even have the battery show up.I went through all of the steps suggested. I had to go through this almost a year ago after another another update and had to replace the watch.

Best Answer

This is an update for my charge 2 - not sure what happened.  Since my post on 9/1, I had left my charge 2 alone and not charged it or anything.  On Tuesday night, 9/16, I thought I give it a shot. Charged up my charge 2.  Wore it Wednesday, 9/17 to work and waited for it to die by the time I got home. It was still going .... so I charged it overnight again, and wore it Thursday, 9/18 and haven’t taken it off yet.  So, it’s been going for about 26 hours and is now showing at medium battery charge.  Still operating with OS 22.58.0. Maybe the charge 2 needed an adjustment period?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this today run out of battery now it says charged on app but nothing showing on the watch ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit 

Is there a battery changing service?

I am willing to pay for a reasonable price.

Best Answer
0 Votes