Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 fully charged and died in 5 minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 says it’s at 100% fully charge and then dies 5 mins later and then I charge it again and it still dies after 5 minutes. I clean the contacts I left it to charge for a long time and a short time it still dies soon after. 

Its been a week of me trying to get it to work. I don’t know what to do next. I don’t want to buy a new one

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Connect to your charge adapter and try a few resets Doug.

restart charge 2:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let us know if it helps, if not contact customer service chat and let them know what you have tried.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

@dougsan14 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your tracker not holding its charge and thank you for taking the time to clean its contacts. @wmchapman did provide a good troubleshooting guide for this issue which is the restart as many members have shared that this has helped them. I just wanted to add that when charging it do so by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter and avoid using battery packs. 

Additionally you can reach our Support team following the link in the previous post but please try these suggestions before and see how your tracker behaves.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Have exactly the same problem. Cleaned all the contacts and tried reset several times but nothing working. My Charge 2 is just over 3.5 years old so wondered if it has come to the end of its life span. Really hoping it's not the case as sadly I'm not in position to buy a new one. Any other suggestions greatly welcomed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
With my experience , your watch is done. Call fitbit and see what they can do. But mine was not under warranty and so I switch I iWatch because I went through 3 in a few years

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer