Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 heart rate monitor keeps stopping working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my charge 2 for about 1 month and all was well until yesterday. 

I noticed that the heart rate monitor was not working, it wasn't glazing green or reading my heart rate. The only thing I could do was reset it and this worked overnight and until lunch time today when I noticed it had stopped working again. So I have had to reset it again to get it to work. Any suggestions please, do I need to send it back or is it something silly.

Thanks

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47
Plug in to USB port and hit the side button and hold for a second and release. Make sure your phone app is open and at the settings on the fit it app. See the app syncing good. Does this twice and put fitbit back on and see if that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The symptoms of my Charge 2 HR monitor failing were different than yours.
When mine failed, the green LEDs would not come on at all. I had to reset
the watch with the charger adapter, holding in the button on the watch for
10 seconds or so to get it to work again. It would fail again, anywhere
from hours to days later.

Fitbit sent me a replacement Charge 2 as a result of my submitting a report
of these symptoms, and the replacement has worked fine,

Sorry to not be more help here.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having problems with the heart monitor as well normally my rest heart rate is around 60. The last week or so it’s always in the 80s, 90s and even over 100 while I’m sitting. I’ve taken off the FitBit and it will randomly show a heart rate-tonight it said 109 while off. I was at the doctor today and they had my pulse at 76 but Fitbit was at 90. I’ve also thought my sleep reports are off- for example there are times it shows me awake for 25 minutes or more when I know I wasn’t awake. This AM I woke up at 130 but fit bit shows I was in REM sleep. Any suggestions on how to fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing similar but it either doesn't register a heartbeat when the green light is on or it registers one when I am not wearing it! It has a knock on effect with the sleep tracking and my gym monitoring. I bought it for the heart rate and to help see what my sleep is roughly like but it's not very helpful like this.

I bought it for the HR monitoring but to be honest it's barely doing that and while I appreciate it is a rough idea this is far from that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello I did it and it still not working the a crazy thing is the heart
monitor is on When I'm not wearing it. I bought my mom the same watch and
hers is working just fine I have the limited edition she has the regular
one. After doing what you said I still have a heart with two dashes.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response....I will be calling them soon I was just trying
to make sure I did all I could do first.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I wish I could help. I'm not getting a heart rate at all and when I
do it usually laying on the table.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree I have never had any problems with any of my fitbit watches. I had
the first charge it worked great and the blaze but this charge 2 is really
giving me a problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m a fitbit customer like you, who is merely relaying my experience with a
problem similar to yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my charge 2 for Christmas and my heart rate stopped working yesterday! My green lights are on but it’s not getting my heart rate, so frustrating. I turned it on to auto and on and have reajusted my band but nothing. Any advise? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the reset. It actually work. Let's see how long it lasts. 

My situation: 

- Green lights were working 

- caught the HR monitor not working on the first date because it motivates me in the gym to work harder.

my only thought, is maybe, I need to wipe down the sensor every now then? 

I can adjust it on my wrist and works fine. 

The battery can get pretty low and still works fine. Don't know why this happened, was scared but I'm cool now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Reset 3 times.  Changed it to auto, synced.  turned it off, synced, and back on and synced.  I have 2 green lights (one is fainter than the other) and 2 dashes next to the heart.

Help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate keeps going off. I've done the reset/ re-sync method several times. One day it works perfectly; the next day I'm just getting the heart with two dashes.  I can remove the watch and the heart rate comes back on, but when I put it on my arm it stops again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit heart rate monitor quit working last week. I have done the resetting, syncing, and updating. It is set to auto... nothing is working.. I see two dashes -- all the time and no flashing lights.. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My tracker is doing the same thing.  No green lights are on.  This happened after the battery died last night and was charged this morning.  I tried everything listed here and even called customer support who just followed the same script.  She did not understand what I was telling her and kept suggesting the same thing I told her I have already done.  Your customer service is horrible so I am hoping this will be better.  I have restarted my Fitbit like 10 times, I reregisterd in app, I have changed in app to off, auto, on.  What can I do to make this work?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I began having the same issue recently with the heart rate monitor intermittently not functioning.  I tried resetting it 3 times in a row this morning without success.  I tried it again with the same result. When I finish, the display shows Fitbit and “22.55.02”. The green lights are not flashing and the heart rate display shows “- -“.  How do I change the setting from on to auto or auto to on? Is there anything else I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
What I learned, and what it has told me was to do a factory reset. I
believe it has to be plugged into the charger, but if you hold the button
down while so, it will reset. I have only needed to do this twice, but it
was worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate not working/recording

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mishuggs01!

Have you tried factory resetting your tracker? Click the link below for instructions.

How to reset a Fitbit

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes
This also happened with my Fitbit Charge 2. I tried the on-line suggestions without success and then I talked with Fitbit Customer Service but it couldn’t be fixed. So, I had to buy a new Charge 2. The warranty period for my old Charge 2 had expired but I had purchased an extended warranty so the new Charge 2 was free.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer