Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 heart rate readings too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Walked 200 metres and my heart rate was 170 peak. Now on train standing and heart rate is 145  cardio (I am standing still). I am a fit slim guy with a resting heart rate under 60 bpm. Charge 2 was rarely an issue. This Charge 3 is constantly incorrect. Great to get points on AIA Vitality for basically doing nothing though.... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Turned it off now wont turn back on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,I have tried doing that several times still jumps up to 140 and more when am just sat.

Thankyou anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After the heart rate problem I lost HR tracking altogether, then the screen died. I gave up on FitBit and switched to Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit We need a real solution for this problem. I've reset my fitbit, I've turned off heart rate tracking, and nothing is working. We need an update that can fix this issue. 

Best Answer

Same issue

been running >150% of normal

sometimes it does track at all

also hasn’t given any sleep analysis dues to screwed up heart rate

turned off heart tracking and rebooted tracker and turned heart tracking back on and nothing changed.

can’t understand how I’ve had no issues for 8 months and the last 3 days it’s crashed

Best Answer

I have the same issue as the poster, these steps did NOT fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, have followed all the trouble shooting steps in this thread, and have tried every possible spot on my writs and adjusted the band an endless amount, heartrate is often very inaccurate as soon as you start moving. Would apricate a refund or credit towards a tracker that WORKS WHEN YOU WORKOUT!!!! Thanks.

Best Answer

So I’ve been wondering about this and am so glad I came across this post.  So I the past 30 days my RHR has risen 11 bpm according to the Fitbit.  As luck would have it I actually had an EKG test done during this period and was told my heart was just fine.  I think this all started with the last firmware update.   So I’m going to try the fix and see what happens.   If it doesn’t correct it then I think it’s time to move on sadly after being a loyal customer for very long time (My first Fitbit tracker was the original charge)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update from support below after upgrading to a charge 4 to try to fix this issue. This is normal and these are not medical devices...... 

How are you supposed to track fitness and calculate our cardio scores without accurate HR data? Total crap, I have to turn off HR when running or chance ruining my score because of bad readings.

Thank you for all the information provided.

As we may mentioned, Heart-rate tracking can be affected by several factors including air temperature and device location on your arm, keep in mins that since the Hear Rate is going up during an exercise activity it is something normal and also that the Fitbit devices are not a medical devices. This means that the Fitbit devices are not going to be 100% accurate and since it is having a normal behavior during your rest time, that means the device is working as expected

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying other suggestions above, these steps actually worked and my HR reading has gone back to normal - thankyou!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree completely. Now that Google has acquired  Fitbit, good luck. I find that most of their devices don”t work as advertised but Google doesn’t stand by their products. They just want your money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey 😁. I thought I'd sorted mine but it went haywire again after an hour. I know my testing heart rate IS NOT 158 bpm! Have you been able to fix yours? Mine is only 2 years old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey 😁. I thought I'd sorted mine but it went haywire again after an hour. I know my testing heart rate IS NOT 158 bpm! Have you been able to fix yours? Mine is only 2 years old!  Thought it should last way longer without fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the recent update on Charge 4, my fibits heart is too high a lot of the time.

I never had this issue before the update (purchased my Charge 4 in July 2020).

I have tried all steps stated but it still reads too high a lot of the time. 

During a workout its generally OK, its when I'm resting or just walking or moving in general that it reads too high.

Like I said, never had this issue before the update. 

Are there any other steps that haven't been stated that I could try?

I've even tried swapping the wrist I wear it on, but still no change.

Best Answer
My heart rate reads around 140 sitting and over 170 just walking! I think
I'd be in serious trouble if it was accurate. My Versa seemed to start
playing up after a swim in the pool, which is quite weird considering its
supposed to be swimproof 😕. I haven't found anything That will fix it yet.
Super annoyed. Would switch to an Apple watch if I was able to.
Best Answer

I totally agree, I have done everything suggested, I have even replace with a new one.  Nothing helps.   I am about ready to switch brands, just don't know what to switch to!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks dear, my HR Showed 190 and 180 for three days 😥.... I thot i have some disease like BP , and the funny part is while i am exercising it will give little reduction on 150/ minute 😁and it gave me sleepless nights..

Best Answer
0 Votes