Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is no longer receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to be able to get texts on my Fitbit but not anymore. Does anyone know how to fix that? Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I am having the same problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may seem an embarrassingly obvious reply but have you tried turning notifications off and on again by holding the fitbit button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If notifications are on but you’re still not getting texts then check: Account... Charge 2... Notifications and make sure text messages are selected 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Text messages aren't even an option on mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you got a Charge 2 and is is synced to your smartphone? You might be looking in a different place, rather confusingly there is another ‘notifications’ menu on the main account page where you can select notifications for step goals, badges, challenges etc. The one I am talking about is in the Charge 2 menu which you select by clicking the Charge 2 button with the picture of your watch at the very top of your Account page... I assumed everyone’s would be the same but I don’t know - I’m using the app on iPhone 7.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JSLEerin@fay711@Ktblonde, and @Robin7781! It's nice to see you guys around! Woman Very Happy 

As my friend @Ktblonde mentioned, Fitbit Charge 2 has a Notification setting on the device. On the clock screen, press and hold the button.

Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app. 

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. If you have an Android phone, check the following:
    • Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
    • Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
    • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.

For the ones who are using iOS, please go to your phone settings once again and make sure "Do Not Disturb" is disabled. If your phone is currently running iOS 11 or later, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

PS: The “Show in History” was wrong with mine. I had it turned off and that's why I wasn't getting my text notifications. 

For the ones who are using Android, I recommend double check the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" (As shown below).

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-50-12.png

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thanks for the response! Lots of great information. I did get the texts to show again. But now I have another problem. My steps won’t show in My Fitness Pal anymore. I have followed all suggestions I can find to fix this but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anytime @fay711! I'm glad to hear your notifications are back. Smiley Very Happy 

What's steps have you tried for the syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal? I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account.

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

Note that only steps from your Fitbit will sync to your MyFitnessPal account. 

MyFitnessPal.png

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I did do that but my fitness pal still says I am linked to Fitbit.
How do I relink them?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

First of all @fay711, make sure that your Fitbit account is no longer linked to MyFitnessPal.  So, do the following:

Then, to connect your accounts again:

• Log in to your account on the app or website of a company that offers Fitbit integration, in this case, MyFitnessPal.
  • Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect."
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and log in to your Fitbit account when prompted.

Catch you later! Woman Wink

Best Answer
Notifications are all set up. I have tried resetting notifications, restarting my phone, restarting the FitBit. My FitBit notifies me of text messages, but it does not show the sender nor the message. ( I recently got a new Samsung phone and cannot get the text messages showing on the FitBit. They did show on my old Android.)

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for providing me with some details of your issue @Robin7781. Have you checked if your new Samsung phone is included in our list of supported devices?

If your tracker is compatible with the Fitbit app, I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" (As shown in my post above).

Also, for call notifications, I had this issue last night, but I just needed to follow these steps:

• Go into your phone's settings
  • Select "Apps"
  • Select the Fitbit App
  • Find "Permissions" 
  • Enable your Contacts (toggle over to the right)

This should allow your phone to recognize callers from your contacts list and their name should appear. 

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I was getting all notifications. Then I installed I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, bluetooth off on....everything. Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @jasp7552, welcome! Thanks for already troubleshooting this notification issue, nice way to go! 

Can you please let me know if you have checked and tried what I posted here? If so, try force quitting the Fitbit app and reopen it to sync your Fitbit device.

Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.

1. Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
    1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
    2. Find an option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
Ok I will try because I did everything on your post

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked on the last attempt! So happy. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have resolved both problems- notifications are working and so is the link with My Fitness Pal! Thank you everyone for your help!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Galaxy S9. The supported phones only go to S8. So, I guess that is what the issue is.
Thank you for all of your help.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having problems with my fitbit hrs 

Best Answer
0 Votes