Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is not pairing with any of my devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to set up my new Charge 2 with all types of devices: Iphones, Galaxy 6S, Macbook and a Vaio, but none of them was able to pair it. They could find it and asked me the numbers it showed, but I always get an error message after a few min.

Because it only works after pairing with a device, I couldn't use it since I first bought it!

Looks like a manufacturing defect...

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

It's nice to see you around the Community @AlessandraKSmiley Very Happy If you can't get started with your Fitbit tracker, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below and move on to the troubleshooting steps if needed (let's try with mobile devices first):

If you're using the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10:

• You followed the instructions for your device in How do I set up my tracker? Note that you can't set up your tracker from your device's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
    • Windows 10—Tap or click Start > Settings > Update & security.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
    • Windows 10—Click or tap Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
  • (Android only) Double check the following information about your mobile device:

If you're still unable to set up, try the troubleshooting steps below for your device:

• Turn your tracker off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  • Try the setup process again.
  • If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  • Try setting up your tracker again.
  • If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your message, however i have already checked and my devices were all up to date. 

Tried also to turn off and on the devices without any success.

Is there any other solution for this?

I have bought it over a month now and unfortunately not being able to use it properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessandraK let's see if I can help any. 

You have:

Restarted the Charge 2

Powered off the phone

Made sure that the phones Bluetooth does not have your Charge as a know device.. If you see it , tell the phone to forget it. 

Checked to make sure the phone is compatable

You say you have had the phone for a month, has it ever been setup to an account or does it still have the www.fitbit.com/setup message on the display?.

Best Answer

Yes, I have already done all of what usou até suggesting, bug ir did not work. 

Also, I have the Watch fitbit charge 2 (and not the phone) for over a month, and no, it has never been set up to a decide of this kind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your tracker show the fitbit.com/setup message? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me also. My charge 2 is displaying the www.fitbit.com/setup message but nothing I have tried has worked and i have tried EVERYTHING.

Best Answer

I have similar issue - When I set it up, my tracker can sync but when it asked to update the firmware first it never go through and tracker would just shut down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Charge 2 as a gift today and am having the same exact problem.  I also have an Alta that is pairing fine (I've unpaired and added it back to be sure). Sounds like there are a few lemons floating around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just update my other Charge 2 it updates just fine. So I guess the issue is with the devise. Not the app nor the firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well guys @Svenska @Kraschke, if you still have issues trying to pair your Charge 2 after following the suggestions we have been posted here, please reach out our Customer Support team so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from. 

Just don't forget to mention the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones. You'll be in good hands! 

Cheers up! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marla - I called customer support yesterday and my replaclement device shipped last night.  A little disappointed that it didn't work out of the box, however customer service was very understanding that I had followed all the steps provided in the forum and did not force me to spend additional time troubleshooting.  Easy process overall.  Thanks for the help.  Looking forward to my new device arriving tomorrow!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it shows when I porwer it on and after showing the numbers provided to sync. After that nothing happens and it keeps showing the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit and @Rich_Laue, now I am pretty sure the device is not working, and I have been spending a lot of energy troubleshooting and trying enerything to make it work.

I was so excited to start using it because of all of the good things I read on your website/ internet and the amazing things it could agregate in my lifestyle but this is what I get, it was so frustating and disappointing not being able to use it because I received a broke device.

I contacted Amazon (where I bought the Charge 2) and they said because it has been more than a month I bought it, I can't ask for a replacement nor have my full money back...

Is there anything Fitbit can do to make this right?

Best Answer

You could contact support, after reading the warranty, link below as "Returns and Warranty"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought a Charge 2 and it won't sync at all.  This seems to be a widespread problem with this and maybe other FitBit products.  The proffered solutions seems way too complicated but more important there is no evidence that they work!  A serious problem for FitBit.  Not sure they see it that way.  In the meantime, I would advise against buying this product.

Best Answer

@bandoleer this thread is about setting up your tracker, not about syncing problems. 

Is your tracker setup and showing as connected in your fitbit app? 

If not please follow @MarreFitbit's post above and if it fails let us know at which step it fails. 

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Charge 2 today as a present.

Been through all the instructions many times.

Installed the app on a Huawei P10.

Wouldn't pair.

Installed the App on an iPhone 5s.

Wouldn't pair.

installed the app on A Samsung S5.

Wouldnt pair.

Same for an iPhone 6.

Seems it's the device.

There's a lot of people saying the same last few days.

Have you broken something fixable or are you shipping defective products ?

Kind regards.

Best Answer

Syncing is an essential part of setting up the device. If the device won't sync, it's not worth buying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was having the same problem, was able to pair it when I turned on LOCATION.

It was stated on this article http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1345?p=charge_2&c=Topics%3AGetting_Started&l=en_U...

Best Answer
0 Votes