Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is not pairing with any of my devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to set up my new Charge 2 with all types of devices: Iphones, Galaxy 6S, Macbook and a Vaio, but none of them was able to pair it. They could find it and asked me the numbers it showed, but I always get an error message after a few min.

Because it only works after pairing with a device, I couldn't use it since I first bought it!

Looks like a manufacturing defect...

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

@CPNorfolk you need to do more than install the app, at what step does the setup process fail..

Also since you have tried so many devices, doing this will complicate things, check the Bluetooth settings of each phone make sure that the tracker is not listed as a trusted device. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue it is poor customer service response at best! People are complaining about the pairing issue during initial setup fresh out of the box.But so far all your response have been go find issues with your phone/tablet or PC/Mac. People are not stupid, some of us work in high tech industry which make more complex hardware systems than fitbit and we understand when customers don't follow the instructions. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE CASES!! A lot of charge 2 devices are not pairing during initial setup, there is no way for updating the firmware without pairing it once ... so the device is useless.

I am yet another person who has seemingly received defective lemon fitbit charge2 device that would refuse to pair up after many attempts it gives the following message "Not Working?", please note the "?" at the end of error message, it seems like device is asking us "not working, hmmm that is a problem" Robot Embarassed

BTW, I was able to blaze through the setup for Fitbit Blaze in 18secs including pairing so I pretty sure I am dealing with lemon Fitbit Charge 2 Man Frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tracker needs to be setup and connected to a Fitbit account before it will sync, it does not have. I be paired to a phone, and if it is currently paired it should be removed from the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I remove "Charge 2" from the Bluetooth devices list, and it worked again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it is amazing. It is obvious many equipments are simply faulty. I have exactly the same problem. I tried everything, repeated all steps with 4 different phones and 3 pc and nothing. This is really bad. I had already problems with low quality of Charge HR and bubbles after 6 months. I had problems with ARIA and its very known problem of freezing and now when I though there was a good product I had this. It is a pitty I did not ready about Charge 2 before. Anyways seems to me that simply Fitbit has very low quality and it is just useless to lose time with the brand. I will let all my contacts and people in the internet about this. It is time to stop this joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly @SunsetRunner many have found that the tracker does not need to be paired to be able to sync. 

Also most of the find my Fitbit apps require that the tracker be removed before it can be found. 

We also know that the user can not manually pair the tracker to the phone. Doing this, if succesful will prohibited the app from syncing the tracker. 

Best Answer

Hi I had a problem where my charge2 was syncing but stopped pairing. Tried everything suggested on the forum and what eventually worked was telling my phone to forget the device and starting again.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner telling the Bluetooth to forget the tracker is usually one of the first steps suggested, on Android the second step is to clear the cache for the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and it frustrated me for hours. Eventually I tried typing in the code from right to left and it worked first time!

Best Answer
0 Votes