Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is not receiving text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last weekend, my Charge 2 stopped notifying me of incoming text messages but it still notifies me of phone calls and calendar alerts. Because I am still receiving some notifications on my Charge 2, I believe it is an issue within my iPhone settings and not the Fitbit. I have checked all of the settings (iMessages, Notifications, etc) on my iPhone but I cannot figure it out! Has anyone had this happen before?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to have a new member around, welcome my friend @vtmeg04! Thanks for already checking the settings from you iPhone and tracker, nice way to go! Robot Very Happy

Since you have the Charge 2, please make sure your tracker is not currently on the "Do Not Disturb" mode by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if "Do Not Disturb" has been turned on or off. 

Also, please go to your phone settings once again and make sure "Do Not Disturb" is disabled. If your phone is currently running iOS 11 or later, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

PS: The “Show in History” was wrong with mine. I had it turned off and that's why I wasn't getting my text notifications. 

If this doesn't work, my best recommendation would be resetting Notifications through the Fitbit app to also reset the connection between the tracker and the phone. 

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

It's nice to have a new member around, welcome my friend @vtmeg04! Thanks for already checking the settings from you iPhone and tracker, nice way to go! Robot Very Happy

Since you have the Charge 2, please make sure your tracker is not currently on the "Do Not Disturb" mode by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if "Do Not Disturb" has been turned on or off. 

Also, please go to your phone settings once again and make sure "Do Not Disturb" is disabled. If your phone is currently running iOS 11 or later, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNotificationSettings.jpg

PS: The “Show in History” was wrong with mine. I had it turned off and that's why I wasn't getting my text notifications. 

If this doesn't work, my best recommendation would be resetting Notifications through the Fitbit app to also reset the connection between the tracker and the phone. 

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

THANK YOU!! The "Show in History" was turned off in my Settings as well. On both the Notification screens for iMessage and Fitbit. I wonder if this was a result of a recent iOS update? Regardless, thank you!!! It was driving me bananas. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @vtmeg04Smiley Very Happy I'm so glad to hear that this little step brought your text notifications back. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Stay A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Best Answer

I have a new HR 2 and I am receiving all notifications except for the texts. I have checked all the settings in my phone and on my tracker and in the app. Everything appears to be set correctly. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got mine today. Same problem. Everything seems okay except text messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution didn't work. Ive uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, forgotten the device, checked all notification settings, etc. i get phone calls but not texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silly question as a newbie to the charge. Does Bluetooth need to be enabled on my phone for my charge to receive messages/calls and how far can my phone me. I got an alert I had a call but not the text and also it didn’t show who was calling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I do receive phone calls but not text. I have tried everything mention here and it still doesn't work. very frustrating Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found a solution? I am having the same problem and I can't fix it.

thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

No and I have not had any word from firbit

Best Answer

I just bought a new charge 2 and everything is good except it does not accept text messages. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with FitBit but they could not fix the problem. They have now bumped up my case to A different dept. 

Best Answer

I have followed your suggestion and told my iPhone to forget the Fitbit and have now paired them together, I have also restarted my Fitbit following the instructions from the Fitbit website and yet I am still not getting text messages but phone calls come through. Tearing my hair out now. Lol

Best Answer
So this does not sound like an isolated incident. I did the same you did then when through almost a 30 minutes with a tech.
Bottom line. It should not be advertised to receive texts messages if in fact it is problematic. From what you are saying, even if I send the Fitbit back for a new one, I might have the same problem. My watch is one day old and already I’m really annoyed 😠

Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After posting on this forum, I went on to Fitbit support - Live Chat. The person at the other end was so patient and we went through lots of steps together, to try and sort my issue of not receiving text messages on my Charge 2. We solved it...not entirely sure how. I would highly recommend the Live Chat to try and sort your issue.

Great customer support from Fitbit, well done!

Best Answer

How bizzare, chat now trumps talking to someone live! I will try the chat
and see if they can help. Thanks for the info!
Douglas
--

Douglas Yerman

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Fitbit charge and I’ve tried resetting and followed all of the trouble shouting steps but cannot get my text messages or calls to appear

Best Answer

I’ve tried all of these suggestions on my new Fitbit charge 2 and it still doesn’t work. 😡😡

Best Answer

I just bought my Charge 2 on Sunday 6-17-18 and am having the same issue. I do not receive text message alerts.....did your issue get resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it did not.

--
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away...and barefoot.
Best Answer
0 Votes