Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is not receiving text messages from iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last weekend, my Charge 2 stopped notifying me of incoming text messages but it still notifies me of phone calls and calendar alerts. Because I am still receiving some notifications on my Charge 2, I believe it is an issue within my iPhone settings and not the Fitbit. I have checked all of the settings (iMessages, Notifications, etc) on my iPhone but I cannot figure it out! Has anyone had this happen before?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36
Well that sucks. I’m still waiting to hear back from Fitbit on the issue. I was thinking maybe I purchased a defected one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the Live Chat and my issue was resolved. If Live Chat is available for you I would give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Yes my issue was resolved. I used the Live Chat option on Fitbite website. The person dealing with me was great. Not sure what solved my problem, but we went through each step slowly. Took about 30minutes in all, but was worth it. I now get phone calls and text messages on my Charge 2.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been waiting 5 Days to hear back from Fitbit, they escalated my issue to tech experts. 😬 No response yet. Obviously this not an isolated incident and they should figure it out.

Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems the problem comes and goes and Fitbit has no clue

Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!!

--
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away...and barefoot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has stopped alerting me to text messages. It does notify me for for phone calls. It will not vibrate or display a text message any more

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine recently started doing the same thing. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. several times. Checked all the settings. Tried resyncing it. Anything I could possibly do, I have tried. I still receive phone notifications but nothing else... 

Best Answer

I finally got mine to work. If you read through this post there are a few people with the same issue. I went through each possible solution given and one of them worked! I honestly can’t say which one because I tried them all. Hope you get your fixed! 

Best Answer

Solution did not work for me. I was getting notifications on Tuesday, but not on the following Sunday. Not sure what day it stopped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit direct or live chat. They solved my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The trouble shooting tips you mentioned did not work. I still am unable to accept text messages on my fitbit. But I receive phone calls and calendar notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would suggest a phone call to FitBit who would likely walk you through
the process of rebooting your Fitbit
--

Douglas Yerman

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My original post is old & I have resolved the issue.

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you text message app is closed on your iphone.. that worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never worked for me either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes