Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 isn't charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is not charging. I thought the charger might need replacing and bought a new one, but still it’s not charging anymore since Monday. Has Anyone an idea how to fix this??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@babe63   Fitbit recommends cleaning the charging contacts on the back of the device with a toothbrush and water.  Debris can accumulate.  If that doesn't work, you might have a dead battery.  Rechargeable batteries have a lifespan.  Your battery is at least six years old, very old for a rechargeable battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @babe63. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 2 is still not charging despite the charging cable you bought. We're to help you! 

I agree with @LZeeW, as per the description of your post, it could be a sign the contacts need cleaning. Dust and debris can accumulate over time. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Nevertheless, bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning).

Additionally, please find below some tips to best charge Fitbit devices:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable or your base station can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting back to me.
Sadly my charge 2 is now dead, nothing has worked. I wasn’t aware that the battery could be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer