Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 keeps shutting off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 keeps shutting off and I can't keep it on without restarting the device is it just the battery getting old?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Does it show a full charge? How long does the battery last? Did you allow it to discharge completely?

Best Answer

@Dalton15 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't working fine. Besides the information @SunsetRunner requested I would like to add that you can try cleaning the trackers contacts. Fully charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours and restart your device.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It literally started last night. I charged it to full.  Then shuts off after approximately 15 minutes. Sometimes the battery power seems to drop a bit sometimes not. When I plug it in it acts as if it’s been reset.

Best Answer

Hey there @WBillM, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Very Happy While reading your post, I was wondering if you've followed the tips and recommendations that @AlvaroFitbit has shared in the post above?

As per the description of your post, it seems that it has insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

Also, I was wondering if while charging you see the battery icon on the display? Are the green lights on the back still flashing?

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have been charging it exactly the way I am always charged it. I let it charge all day today. When I took it off charge it worked perfectly fine for about 15 minutes and then it was dead.

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming that @WBillM! I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but it seems that you've called our Support Team last Friday. Woman Very Happy

Please always keep an eye on your inbox as you will receive new updates in the following days. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine started doing this exact same thing this morning. I followed all of the above steps, and it would just shut off after 15 mins.  I plug it back in and it acts like it was reset with a completely drained battery.  I fully charged it, reset it, then fully charged it again, took it off the charger, and started wearing it and it shut off again after 10-15 mins.  It is about 1 year 9 months old.  The green LED lights stopped flashing when it shut off.  I repeated this 3x today.

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @PopeTrox67, welcome! Also, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your battery. Nice way to go! 

Since it seems you've exhausted all the steps in order to fix this, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

The green lights are flashing now.  All I did was leave it off all day, and then charged it for 30 mins.  It has only been about 5 mins so far, and so far, so good this time.

Not even 10 mins this time.  I think the battery is shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for providing those details my friend @PopeTrox67! Please keep an eye on your inbox as next steps were sent to you. Smiley Very Happy 

Any doubts, make sure to include them on your reply to our Support Team.  

Hope you have a great day! 

Best Answer

Thanks for opening a ticket.   I need the steps for my wellness program at work so the sooner I can make them count again, the sooner I can get to the step thresholds for cheaper insurance premiums.

Best Answer

I am not seeing anything in my inbox for this.  Can you email them to me at granttroxel@att.net?

I have not received any follow-up communication yet.

Best Answer

I am the same user as PopeTrox67.  I just realized I was logged in under my wife's account!!!  I never received any contact from the support team regarding this issue.  Please apply the comments from PopeTrox67 to this account.

Best Answer

Mine just started this tonight its been working fine and then it shut off no lights on nothing. I charged it and it will show i have a full battery. Then after 5 minutes it shuts off again. I tried resetting it and its still doing it.

Best Answer

Hi,i am experiencing the same thing mentioned above with the users,my fit bit pro 2 started shutting off all of a sudden,i put it on and then in 2 min time shuts down again,please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with me! it’s been happening x3 days. I’ve updated the tracker and have been charging it frequently. When I turn it on and check on the app it says 91% charged yet it turns off every 10-15 mins as well. Most of the time it’s on it vibrates and when I look it’s not tracking my HR. Mines 1 year old and I hope that it’s not simply too old, it’s a bit expensive to only last a year. 

Best Answer

@Louise32 I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Charge 2 tracker losing charge quickly and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit, I have also faced the same issues as the other users in this thread, trying multiple times of recharge and also trying to clean all the contact charging points.... please help!

Best Answer

@ronnieghm Thanks for stopping by! 

Let me help you with your Charge 2 turning off and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I suggest you let our Support team know about this. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep working with the team to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes