Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 keeps shutting off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 keeps shutting off and I can't keep it on without restarting the device is it just the battery getting old?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hi.  I know some of these posts are old but my fitbit charge 2 keeps shutting down as many other users have reported.  I have gone through all the recharge/reset cycles multiple times and the unit will only remain on for 15 minutes or so.  Was a better solution ever discovered or is my fitbit just worn out.  It's about 3 years old.

Best Answer

Yep mines the same , i think you're right just old !!

Best Answer

@davmor @bilmur Welcome to the Community. 

Let me help you with you Charge 2 shutting off and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket for each of you so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 was new in March 2017 but now turns off after 10 or 15 minutes. I’ve followed all community guidance on cleaning, charging  restarting etc but no change. App says battery 100% but device says nil. 
My question is can the battery for a Charge 2 be replaced? If not, why not? 
So a £130 device becomes unusable and obsolete a year or so after warranty expires? Thats not planet friendly!
Do any Fitbit devices have replaceable batteries?

Thanks for any light you can throw on this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi , I found this link but I don’t have the necessary equipment to do it .

https://youtu.be/DYwEM7W19dg

I’ve had my Charge 2 since Dec 2016 and I reached out to fitbit over this
issue and they offered me a 35% discount on a new device , unfortunately it
only applied to certain devices in a promo shop and most of the devices
either didn’t have the functionality I required or were too expensive even
with the discount so I’m looking elsewhere.

Hope this helps
Best Answer

Hi

I'm also having problems with my charge 2 which is approx. 3 yrs old. It was fine up until 2 days ago, now I have a scrolling message on the device stating 'www.fitbit.com/setup'. 

I've tried various suggestions from the forums but nothing seems to be working, message is still happily scrolling away and the fitbit is unusable. Is this the end of the road for my fitbit? 

Best Answer

I think as you say it’s the end for the charge 2 .

Its a shame really .

Fitbit not really supporting their customers in my opinion when you report that’s it not working . 

Best Answer

Thanks for your response. 

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope. It would be great if I could get it working again and I know technolgy moves on but I would have hoped for longer than 3 yrs worth of use. 

Best Answer

I think we have to face reality - Fitbit are not interested in keeping their customers happy with well crafted , durable devices . They just want to sell as many as possible! I’m now concerned that the batteries in my Aria2 scales are going to give up and they are probably not replaceable either. Perhaps Fitbit haven’t heard of recycling ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I noticed the scrolling message You have mentioned in a search of YouTube articles.

might you have inadvertently deleted your device and account? Have a look at

https://youtu.be/8ODCsp2EAeA 
Don't know if this will help! But it might? 

Fitbits available from affiliate links: Amazon Local: https://amzn.to/3hNjl5Q Ebay UK: http://ebay.us/4Wx9Ji Ebay US: http://ebay.us/8F2PO4 Ebay CA: http://ebay.us/j4IN14 Ebay AUS: http://ebay.us/sckxhC They said it couldn't be done! Well it can, and it is pretty easy to do! If you are fed up with
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.  I'll try and figure something out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Everything was as it should be, just the message on the device which was really odd. 

I've just been on a live chat with Fitbit and they have managed to get it going again - can't tell you how surprised I am that it's back in action.

They set up a new device by using my old device (if that makes any sense) and everything seems to be okay. They said it may have been a software issue that caused it to glitch out.

I hope you can find a solution to the issues you are having, they're great when they work and a nightmare when they don't. 

I've had other issues with the fitbit in the past and I think once this gives out, I'll not be replacing it. 

Best Answer

my fitbit charge also keeps shutting off and the app says its battery is 100%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Mine just did this last night. It had been working just fine. I got the periodic email saying my Fitbit battery was low, so I charged it until it said it was full. I put it back on and didn't think anything more about it. This morning, I pulled up my app and it said I had only walked 599 steps yesterday (inaccurate). It said zero steps since midnight and did not log my sleep at all. When I flicked my wrist, to see what the device showed, it was dead (even though the app shows full charge). I hooked it up to the charger, and it was showing to be completely drained. After letting it sit for a while in the charger, it didn't seem to increase in charge. I rebooted the device and it, now, appears to be increasing in charge, but I haven't put it back on my wrist yet, so I don't know what will happen then. This makes me very mad, because my previous Charge 2 stopped syncing, so I replaced it last December with a new one. This means the new one has not even lasted a year, before beginning to show signs of issues. These are way too expensive to go through that quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I'm experiencing the same thing I charge my Fitbit and it stays on for a feed minutes then shuts off the battery comes on to charge it but I've already did also only one green light is on but is not bright like before

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines is doing the same thing I had it about 2 years now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Charge 2, bought in May 2018. I am having the same issue as everyone else. I woke up this morning and the screen was black. Usually when it is low battery, it just blinks the battery icon with an exclamation point in it, so I knew something was wrong. Cleaned the ports. Nothing. Plugged it in, battery charging symbol displayed. Waited until fully charged. Reset it. Put it on, worked for a couple minutes,  went black again. App says battery at 100%. Everytime I plug it in, it acts like there is no battery life, then a couple minutes later, says fully charged. 

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about your problems DM, it seems we have all been victims of  exploitation. By that I mean poorly designed , expensive products which are not durable.It’s our choice to buy and use them.

I have been offered a 35% discount on new Fitbit devices but they have excluded the model I would want. So I won’t be buying Fitbit again until they switch to making sustainable products.

In all honesty I can live without Fitbit ! At least their Aria2 scales have easily replaceable batteries! 

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 2 turns off too a few minutes after fully charging it. 

Please let me know how to fix this

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has started this issue today. Battery drained today, so I put it on charge. About an hour later I put it back on my wrist, within 5 minutes the battery was drained again. I thought I’d made a mistake with the charging so put it on charge again, I had a full charge in 10 minutes and battery drained 5 minutes later again. The app shows a full charge even when the Fitbit shows low power. 

Best Answer
0 Votes