Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm trying to charge my new Charge 2 for well over 24 hours now, but it still says the battery is low. The pins are aligned and the watch shows a charging symbol when I plug it in. It said 'phew I needed that' when I plugged it in. Yet everytime I take the watch out of the charger it says low battery. The app also says the battery is low. Why whiny the fit bit charge? How can I really know if it's charging (other than seeing a charging battery and waiting 2 hours?)
Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

This product is completely rubish or garbage if your an American. I spent over $209 for this product and half the time it doesn't charge. Feeling totally ripped of by fit bit right now. 

Best Answer

Totally unacceptable reply. The device is a pain in the backside reject device. They need to sort it out. I paid good money for this devic3 and I don't trust it now. Who ever built it needs to sort it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other SUPER important part to get it to charge is that the other end of the cable MUST be plugged into some sort of power source.  I usually plug it into my laptop but I had to disconnect all the cables and take the laptop apart recently and forgot to plug it back in.  No wonder it didn't charge...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The effectiveness of charging devices from a laptop is a common misconception.  I was just writing on this vey subject to someone who was failing to charge their smartphone this way.  USB ports on computers do not supply the same level of charge as a wall adapter.  In addition, energy saving settings can also reduce power.  When at all possible, you should use the wall adapter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Had the same problem. Got worried that my unit was defective but found something to make it work. Was using an iPhone X to sync the unit but would not update and showing that the device is battery empty.

Switched to an iPhone 6s and it worked fine. Was able to update Charge 2 without any issue. And it’s showing a fully charged battery.

I suspect that newer phone models have yet to be supported by Fitbit. Try the older models.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issues with my Fitbit Charge2, it wouldn't charge even after an extended time connected to my laptop and also to a usb charger on a wall outlet. I used all the tips in this thread and nothing worked. In frustration, I connected it to my Surface which also has the App and it immediately began charging. So in my case, the issue was the computer I was using and not the fitbit itself. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I thought I should post this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with my charge. The screen has been blank for the past 5 days and won’t turn on. Bought a brand new cable and still won’t charge. Have plugged it into multiple different outlets/computers and still nothing. Resetting does nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Sorry about the problems @Mickki but im not sure what is ment by no activity?  Normally if the tracker isn't working a restart will help,  in fact it has helped many that have said that there tracker isn't charging.

Out of curiosity,  is the tracker setup to an account yet?

Same problem with my charge. The screen has been blank for the past 5 days and won’t turn on. Bought a brand new cable and still won’t charge. Have plugged it into multiple different outlets/computers and still nothing. Resetting does nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem. My screen is on and only one green light is on, it won't charge and because it doesn't connect to the charger, no vibration so restarting isn't an option

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Holly crap its working that man

Best Answer

Thank you! I tried to plug mine in this afternoon and it sat for about 4-5 hours. When I came back, it still reported as low battery...extremely low! I tried switching USB ports (like completely different computer, even), came back 2 hours later, and still extremely low battery. Changed ONE MORE TIME, thinking maybe it was something about the laptop being shut. Came back about 5 hours later and still low.

Restarted it, and voila! Evidently it WAS charging and not reporting correctly, because it immediately said I had a full battery. Weird, eh?

Best Answer

@Krysp89 @bhopp33 @Brilyana A warm welcome to our Community!

@Krysp89 Sorry to hear that your trackers aren't charging. Usually you can try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device.

@bhopp33 @Brilyana happy to hear that your devices are working fine now.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I have always had trouble with the charge 2 charging cradle .

several times I have come back to it after a couple of hours to find no charge .

Usually a bit of pulling and pressing has started the charging up again , evidenced by the vibration.

today .... no way will it charge , no matter how much I jiggle the watch and cradle.

Previously I had a basic model where the charger plugged into the back , but where it plugged in actually broke off. Blutack was the only solution 

I hope more recent models have better chargers 

what is wrong with using a micro usb ?

Anything would be better than the above two methods

Best Answer
0 Votes

A micro USB takes up to much room.

Best Answer
Just a very bad product, it is a real scam - I paid my money and it does
not charge after fre weeks... What a shame to the company fitbit! And no
any apologies or refund!
So shameful company, just scammers imho.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about the Charge 3, but my husband decided to 'upgrade' my fitbit to the VERSA and I notice that the charger is much more secure.

However, I can't use the nicer lavender woven band because it doesn't fit my wrist as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have noticed on Amazon that more than one fitness watch charges on an usb under the strap . No posts about whether this makes the strap/watch connection insecure or not
Best Answer
0 Votes

I realise its been a little over a year since I posted here so maybe I should give an update - my fitbit charge 3 has been awesome ! The initial charging problem never re-occurred after that first time. I am even thinking of ugrading to a new one although I might just hold off a little longer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue ... When connected to the charger , it shows its charging and then completely discharges  in 2 Min ... The app shows that there is over 40% charge , though the device is dead .... Not able to find a solution ... Cleaning and restarting is not helping ...  Software is updated ... 

Any  suggestion is appreciated . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had difficulty trying to charge my Charge 2 and engaged in a Chat session with Fitbit. The rep. walked me through several options and finally gave up and said my battery is shot and it can't be replaced. I wasn't happy about paying about $150 for a device that only lasted 1 1/2 to 2 years. I didn't give up and tried charging many times with success a couple of times. I then suspected the charging cable and bought a new one. Guess what? No more charging problems. Bought the new cable on line at Walmart for $4.37.

Best Answer