Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not connecting to Samsung Galaxy A8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I get my Fitbit charge 2. I get the app on my Samsung Galaxy a8, put on the Bluetooth and location services on my Phone, and I saw my Phone and charge sync in the fitbit app. The app says there is an update, so I tried to update but that doesn't work. I followed the steps in the app (charge nearby the Phone, Bluetooth on, good working internet and charged the Charge 2) and I followed the steps on the website (uninstall and reinstall the fitbit app, restart my Phone, restart the Charge 2), but it doesn't work. I can't get the update.

It's remarkable that when I put off and on the Bluetooth on my Phone, my Phone sees the Charge but can't connect with it ( my Phone gives the notification that the Charge isn't ready to connect). Nevertheless, when I open the fitbit app on my Phone, the app gives the notification of sync and I see my steps etc. I''m affraid it's not so accurate as it has to be, now my Phone says it can't connect en the app can't update. What do I have to do? More people having the Samsung Galaxy a8?

Regards,
Sharon

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

That is not true. My Charge2 and my Samsung A8 worked great for the first year I had the phone,  now I have exactly the same issue as the original poster. What changed?

Best Answer
I still can't get the newest update. The tracker doesn't sync with my phone
ànd the laptop.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have to keep uninstalling and installing the app to get it to sync,its been like this since the update,why cant they just admit they have buggered up and sort it out 

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 and I had no problem syncing my Charge2 prior to the time when an update was needed for the Charge2. If it was working before why is the phone suddenly not compatible with the app the Charge 2 not compatible with the phone? However, it longer pairs with the phone, I cannot update the Charge2 and it no longer connects to the app. It is frustrating not to be able to use a $120 device and basically it's now useless. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem! why update the software to make it not work? Who does that? where can i get a refund?!

Best Answer

I suggest you go to the Fitbit charge 2 community site and join those complaining about the update. Now that the latest Samsung A8 update fixed my sync problems I'm definitely not updating Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes