Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not connecting to Samsung Galaxy A8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I get my Fitbit charge 2. I get the app on my Samsung Galaxy a8, put on the Bluetooth and location services on my Phone, and I saw my Phone and charge sync in the fitbit app. The app says there is an update, so I tried to update but that doesn't work. I followed the steps in the app (charge nearby the Phone, Bluetooth on, good working internet and charged the Charge 2) and I followed the steps on the website (uninstall and reinstall the fitbit app, restart my Phone, restart the Charge 2), but it doesn't work. I can't get the update.

It's remarkable that when I put off and on the Bluetooth on my Phone, my Phone sees the Charge but can't connect with it ( my Phone gives the notification that the Charge isn't ready to connect). Nevertheless, when I open the fitbit app on my Phone, the app gives the notification of sync and I see my steps etc. I''m affraid it's not so accurate as it has to be, now my Phone says it can't connect en the app can't update. What do I have to do? More people having the Samsung Galaxy a8?

Regards,
Sharon

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sharon89, hope you're doing great today! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience between your Charge 2 and your phone Galaxy A8, nice way to go! Man Very Happy

The reason why your tracker is not syncing/pairing with your Samsung Galaxy A8 is due to this devices is not compatible with the Fitbit app

This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot or set up troubleshoot.

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

My sister owns a phone which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisble, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the bluethooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

If you're able to connect your phone to your tracker but you keep having syncing issues, keep in mind that this will be due to the incompatibility of the phone. What means that the functionalities have a chance to work if you try some troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.
  3. Once the previous steps are done, restart your Fitbit once again.
  4. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software as I've suggested before. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sharon89

My main phone is an A8 and apart from connected gps issues(which seems to be common) my fitbit  seems to sync fine.

If I'm understanding the issue. You can see the charge 2 in the bluetooth menu but you can't pair with it however you can sync in the app fine.

My Bluetooth menu also does not show paired with the charge 2 and trying to pair in that menu also produces the "isn't ready to connect" error. The app itself syncs fine and reports that it is paired so I don't think that's too much of an issue. As for not being able to get the app update I haven't had that issue sorry my app is at 2.70 which i think is the newest verison

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you getting text notifications? I can't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ijero It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you aren't getting notifications on your phone. Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread? You phone doesn't show that it is compatible to sync but it doesn't mean that it won't work. Try going to the bluetooth area on the phone and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all. I've got the update by using a Windows 10 computer. My fitbit and the app are working very well, except connecting GPS. I haven't tried the text notifications.

Regards,

Sharon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Samsung A8 and my fitbit syncs as per steps but I am not receiving text messages......the person at Rogers needless to say was not aware...…..hoping this feature will work 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my galaxy a8 yesterday and same thing... it will sync for my steps ECT but will not contact directly via blue tooth nor will I receive text notifications on my fit bit which is a bugger because that's why I bought the charge 2. 

Does anyone know if this phone so be compatible soon with fit bit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit was working great with my Samsung A8 for past  couple of months, then the app updated on my phone - since then, its not syncing at all - I can get as far as a pin code, but not beyond that. 

I dont understand how a device can work one day & not the next.....

Best Answer

I have precisely the same problem, lost sync and now can't repair past the PIN number entry - frequent sync problems.

If Fitbit can't be bothered to support one of the most common phones around then I guess it's time I looked at another brand of fitness tracker that will.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to get mine working again by syncing it to my tablet which somehow means it is syncing to my phone again as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is now receiving text notifications following today's Samsung A8 phone update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought a new phone for my Fitbit charge 2.  I tried all your trouble shooting tips, and still no luck in pairing.  They tell me to cancel Fitbit apps, and set up a new app, at which time they will not let me reuse my email. They tell me it's used on another account 

I live by this watch. I cannot afford to buy another new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Samsung A8 should be compatible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a samsung a8 and it has also worked on my phone, today i have got a new fitbit charge and i cannot get it past the updating stage !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, please check the app with the Samsung Galaxy A8! A number of people (myself included) on the Samsung forum have reported bluetooth scanning and connection issues with their phones. The common denominator appears to be the Fitbit app. I have uninstalled it from my phone, which now seems to be scanning and finding bluetooth items that it didn't find when the app was installed. I am disappointed that I can't connect my Fitbit to my phone to receive notifications, but I was way more disappointed that my phone wasn't working correctly.

PLEASE check the app and fix this glitch ASAP! Thank you.

Best Answer

I am having same problem. Been on Chat forever. Uninstalled, reinstalled and no go. I cannot even pair Fitbit with my phone now. Definitely NO notifications coming through.  Real pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my A8 it doesn't show as paired but does sync. However, I no longer get text messages or phone call alerts, and that's really annoying. I presume the Charge 3 is ok?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've uninstalled the app, restarted my phone with WiFi, Location Services and Bluetooth turned off and restarted my Charge 2 but still nothing.

In my Bluetooth settings, I can see the Charge 2 as an available device. When I click Set up a Device in the app, it finds my tracker and gives me the 4-digit code. After punching in the code, and waiting 30 seconds or so to connect, I get a screen saying that it's not working.

It was working two weeks ago, then we went on vacation and I left it home. I haven't been able to connect since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, after the latest update on my A8 i got the sync working. Pair-ing it in bluethooth settings now working fine, and then i got it working i tha app.

Version now is: A530FXXU7CSH4 on my Samsung A8 (2018)

Best Answer
0 Votes