Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not counting all steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Charge 2 on Dec 4th. It was working great until this week. It is only counting about a third of my steps. I reset it, I even got a new Charge 2 yesterday and this one is doing the same thing. Was there an update? This is really disappointing and frustrating. I take 100 steps and it tracks maybe 40 if I am lucky.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Fitbit guys, you're not listening. 

Lots of people are saying this is a problem (I have the same issue). 

Your response is to try troubleshooting tips. *We have all tried all of these tips.*

We know the tracker doesn't start picking up steps straight away. It *still* loses about 40 steps out of every hundred. That isn't 'the first few steps'! 

We have tried replacement trackers. 

We have tried changing the dominant/non-dominant arm. 

We have tried changing the stride length. 

We have tried switching quick view off. 

We have tried restarting once. We have tried restarting 3 times in a row. We have tried restarting 5 times in a row. 

*We still have the problem.*

For many of us, the Charge HR worked well. It had older firmware. 

What is your solution? 

Best Answer

I discovered that if your arms aren't moving ..the steps don't register ie pushing a carriage..but feel it balanced out because of you wave..it counts..hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried multiple times to restart the charge 2, but it has not made any difference in improving the accuracy.  It is still not counting many of steps (e.g., just got notification that i needed 12 steps to reach 250–walked all around the house—no steps).  It’s an intermittent problem, and very annoying.  Any suggestions.

Best Answer

What are you doing with your hands when you walk? I have found I do not get step credit when pushing a grocery cart or holding on to the treadmill handles. If the Fitbit arm is free and moving I get credit.

Best Answer
Hands are moving normally by my sides.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

i had this issue with my original charge 2.  it was working okay for a while then at some stage i noticed no steps registered whilst out for a good hard walk.  I went back to fitbit and after many emails telling them i had tried every supposed fix for this issue, they s3nt me a new tracker.  Yay says i, but alas, this tracker is worst than the other.  It logs even less steps than my first one.  i ran up our stairs and checked my watch - nothing recoded.  i was out for a very long hard walk, and if i was lucky it got about 40 of my 100 steps.  I am having a rant here, but I don’t see fitbit doing anything about it.  So my solution would be to abandon fitbit and will most likely look at another brand.  Shame it means I am out of pocket trusting them.  I think someone pointed out that the original Charge did not have this problem, and i would tend to agree, but i upgraded because this one had some newer features - yeah, it doesn’t count steps accurately - thanks for listening

Best Answer

time to try another brand because fitbit don’t listen, and their replacement watches do exactly the same

Best Answer
Sadly I agree

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine just started doing the same thing. NOTHING works!

Best Answer
So just to add to the litany of complaints, I have a new phone and have had to delete the device and reconnect it multiple times to get it to sync. My band also keeps coming undone from the device (they are sending me a new one) and the step problem continues. As others have said, I did not have any of these problems with the charge HR. I prefer the sleep feature of the charge 2, but the annoyances are becoming the most salient features.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish I’d read all this before I purchased. What a piece of junk. Returning immediately and will skip attempts to rectify with FitBit. Seems like they need to up their game. 

Best Answer

May I ask, where did you buy your Charge 2 @Adverts, it has been many months since this model has been on the market for sale.

Best Answer
Bought it on line from Fitbit a little over a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I’m having the same problem at almost all times. This is a flaw. Does FitBit have a comment other than the standard FAQs?  I feel this isn’t being addressed. 

Best Answer

Online, Best Buy. It had better ratings than The Charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this thread hasn’t had a post in several months, but I just wanted to chime in. A few months ago, I started noticing my step count had dropped, but I thought I just needed to up my game. But then I started thinking it was the device, and I see others have had the same issue. I still have a Charge 2. I have replaced the band because it broke. I think it’s interesting that out of the blue it stopped counting steps accurately, which is clearly a software issue. IMO, it’s planned obsolescence, forcing consumers to buy a new device, even though my Charge 2 would work just fine if the software would allow it to detect all of my steps. Whatever. I didn’t die without a step tracker before they were invented, I won’t die without one now. 

Best Answer

I've had my tracker less than a week and I noticed this problem last night. Honestly, I had been putting off buying a tracker because I don't have a lot of spare money right now. I love my Charge 2 when it's working, but this is infuriating and seems like a major hassle. Seeing all of the unaddressed complaints here I can't help thinking this is no way to run a business. I hope the issue goes away, but this thread is making me think that's highly unlikely. Fitbit, it's been years. Fix the **ahem** problem already. If you're not going to fix it, stop selling a defective product. 

Best Answer

I have been so discouraged and now I’m quite sure it’s not me but my charge2. I’m always last in the workweek hussle and weekend warrior challenges. I’ve had mine for about a year. I now know it’s way off because I went to a concert at Red Rocks and it did track16 flights of stairs    but I still didn’t meet my step goal of 8000 steps. The next day, yesterday, was a regular day and I got only 15 less steps. Go figure...what a waste of $$.

Best Answer