Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not displaying heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My heart rate stopped tracking this morning. Has not shown a number since about 8 am today ( now 8:50 pm). I have tried charging it, wiping the back with a lens cloth, turning heart rate off on the app and syncing and then back to auto and sync again. Nothing. I called customer support and had a rude and incompetent individual and eventually gave up on the call. I have never had bad customer support before and have been a Fitbit user for years. I am very frustrated right now. I will have to call again but I am frustrated. Maybe it is time to try a different brand of tracker. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

I also bought a Garmin. The Vivosmart4 has decent sleep tracking but it doesn't present the sleep data as well as Fitbit's software. This is my last post as I'll be deleting my account. Good luck with the Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm I have done every step precisely as you indicate three times since my HR stopped working three days ago.  All other features appear to work (except of course for tracking sleep cycles due to the absence of captured heart beat).  I hope that the problem might be on the fitbit side, rather than the Charge 2, which until now has not had issues.

Best Answer

When pushing in the side button dont use 4 seconds. Use about 10 to 12 seconds or untill the fitbit logo appears then unplug the fitbit. After that i changed my hr setting from on to off then auto. Green lights started flashing on the back of the watch and hr works now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plugging it in, then holding the button Does not work with Mine. I believe Fitbit practices ‘built in obsolescence’.  Something car manufacturers do or use to do to keep people buying new cars, or in this case new Fitbit devices.  Fitbits fall apart.  For a $100 - and up device, they just don’t last long.

Best Answer

I was using fitbit and had problems with the band and they replaced it 2 -3 times. 

Finally I changed to Charge 2 and everything was working fine.

Then I bought an apple watch and I dumped my fitbit. Apple was dream with everything that one can hope for.

However what I didn't like was:

The charge doesn't last more than one and a half days

and

It doesn't count stairs clmbed.

After using it for 2 years, the screen was flickering and I took it to the only customer care in town.

They declared that there is no repair possible and if at all, it will cost as much as a new watch. I was disappointed and searched out my old charge 2,

put it on charge and nothing happened for a long while. But then it started up and is working fine.

I would rather buy the cheaper Fitbit than be disappointed with the expensive apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, I met a few good friends too in the fitbit community, something that is not possible with apple

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit is cheaper than an Apple Watch but not inexpensive. The cost of a Fitbit is more than you should pay for a watch that falls apart within a year

I got rid of mine after it stopped reading my heart rate. Got a Garmin. And I love it high-quality watch.

Sent while multitasking
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the exact same issues and tried these steps also (multiple times) but have had no success in seeing my heart rate show up on my charge 2. is there anything else I can try? In looking back through my history I realized that it seems this problem has been going on intermittently for a week or two.

Best Answer
0 Votes