Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

None of this works.  ios11 does not have a turn on messages in "Notification Center".  That is the only solution that anyone can give, but no one seems to look at an iphone with ios11 and see that this option is no longer there since the update.  If someone can find that option for me, it would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please take the time to look at an iphone with ios11 and see that there is NO "show in notification center" to turn on.  This option was gone with the upgrade to ios11.  The only answer I can get is to "show in notification center".  Does no one but me know that there is nothing like that on this ios11 update?  I am sure someone else has to be experiencing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an iphone with update ios11?  I do not think this problem is fixable, as no one can give me a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked on iphone 7 until I updated the phone to i0s 11.  I do not see any possible way to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you upgrade to ios11?  That is when mine stopped working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too.  I want this to work.  I paid for the feature and it should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you copy and paste what he sent you?  That may help a lot of us people who are very frustrated.  Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I like the features that do work, just really annoys me that I paid full price for something based on all the information about it and not getting full functionality because they don't support my 2016 Motorola. I would think a company as big as FitBit would pretty much support every phone out there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They need to research all phones and updates to make sure their products work as they advertise and claim, or they should post disclaimers. I’m very disappointed in the company right now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Never fails...after I post something about something not working...ill google it after posting and figure it out. Got it working now with my Moto Z Play (2016)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve tried to google iOS 11 and Fitbit and have t come up with anything that I haven’t tried.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, that might be an iOS11 thing...i'm on Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't answer my question or tell me how to solve my prob.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They say to click something that says “show in Notification Center”. That widget disappeared with the upgrade and that’s the secret to it all.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How many of us are stuck with something that does not work? These forums do not help. We waste time venting. give me a live body to solve this crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

click it where. on the fit bit or as u fix notification on the program?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried to do that once and it took forever and accomplished nothing. I know mine is a problem with the iOS update and Fitbit doesn’t understand that there was an update and it’s different.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 stop notifying me when I received a call or text. How to get it back ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Thanks for stopping by @Ls1349! I'm glad you shared this, I'm pretty sure your tip will help many other users facing the same trouble with the notifications.

This new feature was implemented in the last firmware version of the Charge 2. What's new also? 

If your Charge 2 displays calls, texts, events, or reminders to move:

• Stepping into a meeting or a yoga class? You can now easily block notifications and reminders whenever you prefer not to be disturbed. From the clock face, just press and hold the button to stop notifications, then repeat when you want to turn them back on. You'll also find a Do Not Disturb menu on your tracker.
  • When you see a notification on your tracker, a plus sign (+) indicator means you have more than one. Remember notifications are only visible for one minute.
  • Callers are now identified as “unknown” if the number doesn’t match a name in your contact list.
  • The sequence for text notifications has changed. Instead of seeing the sender’s name followed by the message, you’ll now see the message first.

Guided breathing exercises? Rest your eyes when using the Relax feature. The on-screen prompts for inhaling and exhaling now include quick vibrations so you can look away or close your eyes during a guided breathing exercise.

Finally a battery meter! Keep an eye on remaining battery life more easily by seeing it right on your tracker. To add this option, open the Fitbit app and tap Account > Charge 2 > Menu Items.

You have a great day too!

My charge 2 stop notifying me when I received a call or text. How to get it back ??  The answers aren't telling me anything? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t find anyone who can answer this question with the new update for iOS 11. Some people post that theirs works but I can’t figure it out. They tell me you have to set a widget that was on iOS 10 but is not on iOS 11. That was the simple fix last time. If the widget isn’t there, you can’t flip it, so I don’t see how they claim this is a fix. I need to keep reading posts on this and googling more. So far no one has replied with anything that works. Let me know if you find anything out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes