Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

I noticed it was marked solved and did not see solution, could you repost. I am receiving call notifications but not text.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the final step was to make sure that your phone Notifications are marked to show in history. Then I reinstalled it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to go to my iPhone settings and then notifications, then Fitbit and I had to turn on show in history and that did it. Hopes this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holding the button worked for me!! Thanks for the tip😀 to get notifications turned on!

Best Answer

I had the spinning Notifications wheel too. I could never get past it. The Charge 2 would sync, but no text messages or notifications. 

Telling Bluetooth and the fitbit app to forget the Charge 2, then adding it back in fixed everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and it’s still not working. I get phone call notifications but no text notifications and when I press the side button, it says that notifications are on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my charge 2 three weeks ago and notifications were working just fine until today. My text/call notifications is set as on, on my watch and in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

Check that your Bluetooth is turned on.

Regards

ChelseaBlues

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tanj89 imI'not sure which phone your asking about. but I would turn of notifications in the Fitbit app. 

Chrarge 2 - notifications - three dots known as the hamburger menu - disable notifications. Then enableethis will force the OS to ask for permission. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit will not receive my calls or texts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@raqmen as mentioned above have you checked that the notifications are tirned on. Are you sure the Charge 2 is not receiving, maybe the unknown phone is not sending. Have you checked the settings in the phones OS and the Fitbit app? Has the phone been restarted. if it is an Android? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this even a solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure their is @qkittle I had to search out your other post to get the phone type that your having problems with. 

Have you checked to make sure notifications have been turned on. on the Charge itself. 

Checked the notification settings in the app and the phones notification panel? 

Restarted both the charge 2 and the iphone X which has been marked as compatable for some time .

Checked the help site.

Have you read this thread in this board. 

Charge 2 not receiving Notifications after IOS 11....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S5 won't display text or calls 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried suggestions  including forget this devise and I still do not get call or text  notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a genius!!! Thank you!!!! 

Best Answer

Thank you! I stumbled across your message and your solution worked. Thank you again!

Best Answer

Your welcome, glad it worked for you 🤗

Best Answer

Happy it worked for you, Not all stumbles are bad 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes