Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236
I found out you have to hold in the button on the phone and it will ask you if you want to turn notifications on. How simple!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved my problem by selecting forget this device on all my Bluetooth devices. After reselecting my Fitbit charge 2 on my iPhone 6s, I was able to open notifications on the Fitbit app and select the text, calls, etc.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks a lot! Finally I was able to solve the problem😄

Skickat från min iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot👍 Finally I was able to solve the problem👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the solution to fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved my problem with telling the blue tooth connection to forget the device on both my i-phones and then re-connect via the blue tooth on my i-phone 7.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you!!! Finally someone to answer my problem! It was driving me crazy & that's exactly what was wrong!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear that my info helped.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The notification button is on. The test works. But no calls or texts come through. They did two weeks ago...

Best Answer

Same here! The notifications function has stopped working after I updated my app. I had to follow the directions to remove the device and set up again. After that, it started working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it did. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! After hours of searching this site and trying various fixes, this was the one that worked for me! Thanks for posting.

Best Answer

You are a superstar - thank you so much!!! Why on earth does Fitbit not mention it in their online help? Happy days, text alerts back on Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do notications default to "off" with the update? Because I just spent an hour resetting, reinstalling, rebooting, and reconnecting only for this to be the solution to my problem. I am not going to pretend I read all the update notes but I certainly never turned off notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved my problem by telling the blue tooth connection to forget this device on all my units. Then I just reconneted the fitbit on my i phone 7.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I'm new to this Fitbit thing. I'm also unable to get text notifications on the Fitbit. All notifications are on. I checked the app itself and it says on and that it'll show the message and sender. But I still get nothing. I deleted the app and then downloaded again. Still no go! Help please!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved my problem by telling the blue tooth connection to forget this device on all my units. Then I just reconneted the fitbit on my i phone 7.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been looking all over for a reason as to why my fitbit stopped showing me my notifications.  This was very helpful!  Where can I find this information for future updates?  That way next time I get an update, I can see what has changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea, I'm just a normal user.

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh...sorry about that. Given your great answer, I thought you were part of
the Fitbit Tech support team. Well, thank you for the response and have a
great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes