Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236
Cheers I got it sorted 😀😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The bad thing now is that fitbit keeps reminding me to complete my hourly steps, anyway of telling it to relax and chill out ? 😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can turn off the reminders to move.

I need it to tell me to relax, too!​
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you tap through the the Fitbit, stop and keep holding the button on notifications just for a moment until it switches to on. 

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks LisaFC, I seen the time that you replied to my message and your correct, you do need to relax 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
🤣 I know x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Here’s another thing that bugs me, on Thursday I completed 1100 steps, climbed 14 floors, burnt off 2600 calories but the active icon says 0 minutes activity, someone explain that one to me. 😜

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to delete Old notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello folks! I hope you are doin' great! 

I'd like to give you a hand on this, so first of all, make sure that the notifications are ON on the tracker itself, press and hold the side button to activate or deactivate them. 

If they are ON, please review the troubleshooting in this article to try to fix this and get text, calendar and call notifications. 

Also, take into consideration, the following: 

• Charge 2 doesn't save notifications so check your phone to see those you miss.  
  • Notifications longer than 40 characters won't appear in full.
  • If you use more than one texting or calendaring app, remember that you'll only see notifications from the app you chose during setup. You're welcome to change apps whenever you like. 

Let me know how it goes guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! Thank you so much, I have been trying to fix it for so long and that did the trick! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad I could help. It was soooo frustrating.​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @cfran, welcome to the forums! Cat Happy Sounds pretty great that the tips posted in this thread helped you out to resolve the notification issues that you had with your Charge 2. I appreciate the update. 😉 

@LisaFC, the same to you my friend, if you have further questions, let me know! 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works! I have been trying for two months and missed this idea. Push the button on the left for a couple of seconds. My notifications were "off".  Now they are on. And it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @hot_rod_todd, it is cool to see new faces around! Sounds pretty cool that you are getting notifications again. Remember that you can turn them ON/OFF every time you want it. 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 text notifications were working fine until I got a new iPhone. I tried EVERYTHING! I know all about the notification option on the actual Fitbit. Turned my phone off and then back on. Deleted the Fitbit app and then reinstalled it. Removed the Fitbit from

the app and reinstalled it. Forget this device from Bluetooth and synced it again and again. Figured out the solution myself. I went into my iPhone notification settings for messages and had to make sure my “show in history” was on. The forum doesn’t mention this. Keep all notifications on in the Fitbit notification setting as well just to be safe. Good luck peeps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @T_cam007, it is nice to see new members around! Smiley Happy There was a little change after the update to iOS 11. In "Notification Settings" on iPhone, under "Messages", there is now an option called "Show in History" this replaces the previous "Show in Notification Center" and it needs enabling to allow text messages to appear on Fitbit Charge 2. This resolution is posted in other threads so users with the same concern, can get it resolved and receive notifications. On the other side, I appreciate the update. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have iPhone 6s and Fitbit charge 2 and I cannot receive messages on Fitbit but I do gets calls. I have followed all setup setup steps and made sure my notifications are on and have deleted and reinstalled both Bluetooth and the app from my phone several times in addition to restarting my phone but still can't get messages. I have read other posts of others having the same problem and response was that the problem was being fixed by Fitbit engineers or someone but that was back in early months of this 2017 year. Has this been solved yet so that I know what I can do?  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

Try holding in the power button for a few seconds it will show if notifications are on or off, if off press the button again to turn notifications on, it worked for me.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for posting!!!!  Problem solved!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes