Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 - not recording detailed sleep pattern - still

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is it no longer recording rem,deep and light sleep patterns I just have chunks of time asleep and awake. Can you please update this application it needs work !!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To firm of a fit may stop the heart rate from being read. 

Using the start  now function will prevent sleep stages from being calculated. 

If you go to the detail page of the sleep in question it will have an explanation of why your not seeing sleep stages, that is if it knows why. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hey @Futurenow, it is cool to see new members around! Smiley Happy I'd like you to try to restart your Charge 2 by following the instructions in this post. Beside that, you have to take into consideration that your sleep stages could be affected by this: 

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi,

I have placed the device on upper wrist and firm as instructed. I chose the ‘sleep now
function.’ The device is still repeating the same simplified sleep logs.

Disappointed in the Charge 2 product, specifically, very poor software integration and absence of support of a dedicated application for the Ipad. It is both tedious and dated and requires a serious overhaul.

Take into account you are selling to other markets apart from the US- and a bunch of generic links to irrelevant ‘fitness’ guides and tracks with no relation to locality is absolutely useless to the user.

At this point, until, Fitbit lift their game I will likely be seeking refund on the device.
It’s just not cutting it guys. A device is only as good as its supporting software and the
software is very poor. A company of this size should absolutely be supporting software across multiple platforms.

Best Answer

I have followed directions as outlined. Placing the device further up wrist with a firm fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. This Limited Product Warranty does not cover software embedded in any Product and related services provided by Fitbit. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

I csn can see you have essentially rendered the customer forced to deal with both shoddy software and error prone usage. This only further depletes confidence in both the product and this companies priorities, values and attitudes towards its customers.

Best Answer

To firm of a fit may stop the heart rate from being read. 

Using the start  now function will prevent sleep stages from being calculated. 

If you go to the detail page of the sleep in question it will have an explanation of why your not seeing sleep stages, that is if it knows why. 

Best Answer

Thanks mate. You nailed it. It’s the sleep now function that causes it to go into that simple mode.

I will give the device a chance, but would like to see some major updates to the FITBIt application - and I hope the company can see the need for this to occur. Using mobile apps on iPad is always terrible. A native edition would be welcome. Not everyone is using iPhone. Locality and theme customisation, higher resolution graphics, get rid of the ‘take a walk in Yosemite Park’ - for those who do not live in the US. It makes the user feel alienated by useless features.

Anyway, thanks again mate, you solved my issue. Appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has been showing the detailed sleep stages for a few weeks. Suddenly stpped and now only shows the simple.

Have never used the Sleep Now

Location of the band is the same

Battery good

Running version 2.62.1

Hear rate is set to Auto - there was full heart rate data for last night though. Just to be safe have  switched it to On.

Looked for error messages but did not find any. where would they appear?

Best Answer

I had the old flex from 2014 till 2017 my husband got me the charge 2 was not set up till January/February and still in all that time had the new sleep pattern the rest is old sleep pattern been in touch with Fitbit loads try moving from left hand to right re set it loads of times still happens at six months old with same problem any help out there 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Hopeless. I bought a Fitbit specifically to track my sleep. Not only is is only giving me basic data which is useless but even that is inaccurate. Very depressing as I know i’m not a good sleeper but the Fitbit makes it worse than it is! Done all the restart stuff, worm it in the right place etc. Just a hopeless gimmick which stresses me out! Waste of money and i’ll now dump it and move on. 

Best Answer

As mentioned above @Fredacat. does the app give any reason for not seeing sleep stages? 

Is the sleep period at least 3 hours aznd the Fitbit is able to record a good heart rate. 

Best Answer
Hi

Saying it can’t get a heart rate reading to track proper sleep stages. I am a very light and restless sleeper particularly at the moment which is why I want to track proper data. I feel that if it can’t track sleep through the night unless you are a good sleeper it’s pretty blunt tool!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 3 and am having this same issue if detailed sleep patterns not recording sometimes. I use the start sleep now function every night and it has given me the detailed sleep patterns for the past several  nights until last night. So that is not the issue for me. I also wear my band exactly as directed on the non dominant arm.

Best Answer

What does your app say about you not seeing sleep stages @Zealouslyinert? This would be the place to start and a clue to why you might be seeing simple sleep.

Best Answer

Can’t get a sleep reading 

Dora bowler
Best Answer

Hello @bowler58 are you saying that you only see simple sleep, and not Sleep stages? 

Best Answer

Not get detailed sleep pattern since August was fine till then 

Dora bowler
Best Answer

And what does the Fitbit app say about not seeing sleep stages. Look under the graph. I assume you still are getting simple sleep recorded? 

Is the Heart Rate turned on, on the Charge 2?

Best Answer
Rate heart is still on not getting detailed sleep pattern just shows the old sleep pattern we’re says could not pick up sleep pattern have move it on to different hands reset it still the same was fine till August

Sent from my iPhone
Dora bowler
Best Answer

Not getting details on sleep stages just the old one it just stop showing them from August 

Dora bowler
Best Answer