Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

You are more than welcome @MenaJoy67. Keep us posted if you have further questions or comments. 😉 

@Mindi205, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If your Charge 2 isn't tracking floors as it used to, I'd like you to follow the tips that my friend @AlvaroFitbit posted above, regarding cleaning the altimeter on your Charge 2 and restart it. Then use it for a few days and let me know if that works! 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

How can I delete this message as I have received numerous replies that I do not require anymore?

Best Answer

@Perry08 sorry for the delay in my response. To solve the messages problem you will need to unsubscribe from the thread. I post this as many other might be interested in these instructions too. You can either go to the email you received and look at the bottom where is says "To control which emails you receive from the Fitbit Community Manage Your Settings or Unsubscribe." Just click in the Unsubscribe word. Or using a web browser you can follow these instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Another person rattling off some information from an online manual. Useless help from a useless forum for a useless piece of equipment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@md72272 your beginning to sound like a broken record, with no points to back up your claim

This is the third time you copied pasted this comment, why not add some usefull insight into your thought process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is solved so comments no longer needed. 

Best Answer

You mean you're. Not your.

Best Answer
0 Votes

md72272 Or spelling police, if you prefer it?  I assume you own a Fitbit, if it’s that useless why did you buy one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To sunset runner. Please..

Let's all be nice here! The Fitbit ppl will chastise you if not...happened to me already. LoL!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not about stairs but to md72272.

Forum is for helpful info not criticism.

The Fitbit ppl told me last year to remain helpful and nice. LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

😡🤯

Get another topic!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously this has taken on a life of its own. Whatever my issue was, is now resolved. Not by anything I did. It just corrected itself or the company saw it as an ongoing problem. This thread should now be dead. Unless some else is having trouble. All of the helpful hints never worked anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes
AMEN AND SHUT IT DOWN.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never knew that was how it worked and thought the feature was broken on my Charge 2 and the Fitbit I had before this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavidWo if your ever interested in how some feature Fitbit offers work. Fitbit has an extensive set of interactive and searchable help docs. Link found below and in the top right of every community page. 

For floor counting let s type in floors as a search and the first hit is an FAQ about activity tracking. The first question is about floors. Your user manual may also say something on this subject. The manual is available from the same help link.

How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Learn how Fitbit devices count floors, steps, distance, and calories

Best Answer

How about this one day I’m up and down a ladder several times, I get zero stairs. But the next day without taking one step up I get 4 stairs. I’m very confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
One could get annoyed about Fitbit's recording of stairs. Many times I am
out and about, all of it on flat terrain with no change in altitude and I
see that I have climbed 14 flights of stairs. Other times I am out and
actually climb several flights, all well above the theoretical 10'
requirement and have no stairs recoreded. I have chosen to regard this as a
moderately annoying and slightly amusing failure of the FitBit technology.

FitBit really needs to discover a more consistent and accurate method of
detecting / calculating stair climbing
Best Answer
0 Votes
I no longer have the Charge 2. Upgraded to Charge 3!!! Yesterday it said I went up 5 stairs when I have no idea how it recorded it. Must calculate when I drive!! Because that is the ONLY thing I did besides stay in my house!
On a recent road trip to Missouri, we were in the car for 8 hours and this whacky device kept recording steps!!
Fitbit ppl need to fix their devices!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cannot disagree with you.

Was considering upgrading to Charge 3 but your comment makes spending the
money very questionable

Thanks for saving me some money
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has many other great attributes so go ahead and upgrade!!! I love mine it’s just certain things are very odd !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes