Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording stairs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 is not recording my stairs. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

my charge 2 doesn’t count my basement steps but it always counted my steps to my bedrooms. 

Today, I know I walked up at least 3 times. However, it only recorded it once. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@poeface may I ask how tall is your basement ceiling? Fitbit is looking for a change in height of 10 feet. Also if steps are not being counted when walking up, then neither will floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do what I did.... upgrade to Fitbit Charge 3!!!
No longer a problem.
Brenda B... aka MenaJoyce

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s over ten feet but there is a turn in the middle.

Thank you, Rym
Sent from Rym's seeing iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes -- I know my basement steps don't get recorded.  But I wanted to note that my other steps usually do. Yesterday was the first time I ever noticed that they weren't being recorded. I didn't know how to restart the FitBit, but after reading all the suggestions, I looked that up and it yesterday.  It seems to be working now.  Thanks for getting back to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out that if I wear my fitbit real loosely it will count the steps, too tight on my wrist it won't register them, so it flops on my wrist for stairs and it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I wear my fitbit loosely on my wrist it will count the steps all the time, if I wear it too tightly it won't! Hope this helps, So it flops away fibit on my wrist to work!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and find the stairs counter extremely unreliable! Many times I walk quickly up our stairs, even multiple times, and nothing gets recorded!

The device uses subtle changes in atmospheric pressure to measure the stairs climbed and as far as I’m concerned it isn’t ready for prime time!

A couple weeks ago my Fitbit said I climbed 26 flights when in fact I never ventured downstairs and returned upstairs once. A severe thunderstorm moved into the area and Fitbit thought I climbed the Empire State Building!

its pretty much a worthless function and to call it a feature is a huge exaggeration!

Best Answer
Absolutely. Mine worked until this summer, and now in my split foyer home it counts no trips up the steps for weeks now. Last week in DC, no steps but it said I went up 28 flights!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not in need of talking about anpost I sent almost two years ago. Don’t even have that particular Charge 2. But getting another device doesn’t improve its goofiness. Maybe I need to buy Apple or Google. Thanks Brenda Bridgett

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi,

[EDIT: I think I figured it out. You need to swing your arms. I tend to hold them in front of me when I am skipping Stairs with maximum stride. It seems to be working now.]

My brother gave me his old Charge 2. I currently have 4 places with stairs. I have gone up a flight of stairs at least 20 times today to get 2 recorded flights climbed. Those two flights were when someone was in front of me. I am a CrossFitter and I sprint up stairs 4 stairs at a time (skipping 3 stairs) in roughly 1-2 seconds per flight. Those ones don’t seem to get recorded at all. That is my default stair climbing method, even before bed. It’s the same on iOS Health app. They only seem to record walking on each stair and not skipping them. I’m big into stairs so I was hoping this fitbit would be better. Do you think a new FitBit will be any different?

Thanks. 

Best Answer
I received a second Fit Bit as a gift and it did the same thing. It is my opinion that the product is inferior. I put an app on my iPhone that works perfectly. The app is free.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks. My iPhone counts steps, but apparently the phone I have is not up-to-date to count the stairs. My husband’s does. And as a woman, every pair of pants I own does not have a pocket to hold the phone so it’s not always on me.
I did get my Fitbit to count the stairs again. I had to clean a tiny opening on the back of it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tiny opening on the back of Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried cleaning that out many many times. Never had any luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

my Versa 2 stair tracker stopped recording stairs 2 days ago. It didn’t have a problem before. Any tips? I do the same every day so nothing I am doing differently. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lunaz7 even though this thread is on the Charge 2 the tips given will be the same. Restart tracker, clean hole, make sure that steps are counted while going up stairs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Another useless post... another person reading from the manual for the sole purpose of inflating their contribution numbers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry don’t give a hoot about this product since someone in authority criticized me for making a joke a few months back about getting rid of the Fitbit and problem solved. He said I wasn’t appropriate. Should have said a dirty word and then I would definitely be inappropriate!! LOL.
So i haven’t worn it in over 8 months. Plus don’t really ever go into the basement unless playing pool. LOL!
Thanks anyway!

Sent from my iPhones
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, not from manual, from experience. 

Well, floors are determined by changes in air pressure. 

If the barometer hole is dirty, no floors may be counted. 

If the hand is gliding up the hand rail. Steps may not be counted, with no steps counted, the tracker will not look for changes in altitude. 

Sometimes, like with your computer it is hardware lock up and a shutdown is needed. 

Sometimes the software goes haywire and a restart is needed. 

Since changes in air pressure is looked for. Simply walking out of a positive pressured room or having the tracker on the leeward side of the wind, could give more floors. 

A moving car with 1cor not windows open, may add floors. 

An approaching storm, may add floors. 

A windy day with one or more windows open in a house, may add floors. 

This really will cover every possible thing or fix a user could do. 

Next would be to contact support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes