Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not showing caller ID

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My device notifies me when I get a call but unlike my HR it does not display the callers name.  I have the same phone synchronization.  I no longer have the HR.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around my friend @ReneIdell1, welcome welcome! Woman Very Happy I had this issue last night, but I just needed to follow these steps:

• Go into your phone's settings
  • Select "Apps"
  • Select the Fitbit App
  • Find "Permissions" 
  • Enable your Contacts (toggle over to the right)

This should allow your phone to recognize callers from your contacts list and their name should appear. 

Hope this helps for you too!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue and checked through the instructions you described. Permission is granted for this app yet my Charger 2 will still not notify me of a call or message. Any further suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @HillymumWoman Very Happy Hmmmm... weird. 

Be aware that notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your tracker or the Fitbit app, such as:

• Your mobile device was too far away. It must be within 20 feet of your tracker to transmit the notification.
  • You changed a related setting on your mobile device, such as turning on Do Not Disturb. 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your mobile device along with your tracker, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time.
  • The connection between your mobile device and tracker is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally, and reliability varies by Android device and operating system. For the best chances of success, make sure Enable Notification Widget and the Always Connected are on. 
  • Your tracker was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again (We have just released a new updated a few days ago).

Also, I'd recommend resetting your Bluetooth:

• Turn off Bluetooth. 
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn on Bluetooth.
  • Open the Fitbit app, which will initiate a sync with your tracker.

Notifications should work as expected after your tracker syncs. Woman Very Happy

Keep me posted sweetie! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded from HR to a Charge 2, and my solution was very simple ... I scrolled through my fitbit device (not the fitbit app) and by pressing the side button on my fitbit several times, I came accross NOTIFICATIONS where I was prompted to press and hold the side button to “turn ON my notifications”. I guess the feature isn’t available unless you manually turn it ON on your device 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: Now that I did as instructed, my Charge 2 notifications work perfectly. Best of luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is not showing my caller id. It shows unknown. I have uninstalled the app. I have changed the notification on it. I have hard booted it. I have unpaired and forgotten Bluetooth. Not sure of my options now. Even turned off and on again the notification on the actual charge 2. Please any ideas? Thanks 

Best Answer

@Deedee2018 wrote:

My charge 2 is not showing my caller id. It shows unknown. I have uninstalled the app. I have changed the notification on it. I have hard booted it. I have unpaired and forgotten Bluetooth. Not sure of my options now. Even turned off and on again the notification on the actual charge 2. Please any ideas? Thanks 

I am having the exact same issue and have also reboited, reinstalled the app, made sure all permissions are granted...still getting the unknown.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue, however I've found a work around that's been successful for me. I go into my notification settings and simply run a test call. This  seems to reset incoming call mode. I know it could be a pain to do after every call.  Works until there is a permanent fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes