Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not showing calls or messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Charge 2 and it worked fine for a week now It wont show incoming calls or messages ,any advise ?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I have tried the update and the instructions to update the notifications but it still doesn’t work on my charge 2. Will there not be an update of iOS to fix this? Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Fitbit is hoping that they will be able to work around the changes made that is preventing several companies from seeing notifications. 

I very much doubt that Apple will help out their competition since Apple made some changes to specifically foil the competition. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly don’t know. The company chooses not to engage with customers ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SDHSix of your having problems understanding why third parties, like Fitbit, are having problems intercepting notifications through the latest iOS, I'll explain. 

Apple made a last minute change, without giving third parties, like Fitbit, a heads up. This change broke notifications for third parties, like Fitbit. 

Or to say it simpler. Apple has purposely foiled third parties attempt to see notifications. 

A search of the iOS board will give more info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
don't have time to search incessantly for a fix. bye bye fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not really telling you to search for a fix, I'm just trying to explain to you that Apple and decisions that they made are the source of the problem. 

For now if you want a watch that will receive messages from an iOS device, you only have a couple of choices with one company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please don’t misunderstand, you are very kind to engage. Fitbit is a useless company that refuses to engage with its customers. I have multiple devices both Windows and iOS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

All I said was if a user wants to receive messages on their wrist from an iOS device, they will need to buy an Apple phone. Android , Garmin , Moto, the Zen Watch, etc. None of these companies have successfully figured out how to get around the changes Apple made to their iOS. Yes many individual iOS users seem to have it working, but for some reason they can't get all iOS users to have notifications working. 

If your leaving Fitbit because of the apple block for iOS notifications I simply was letting you know where to move to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

so far as i know it only show you 1 time and then no more

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was a great feature for me with my routine and not able to have my
phone with me all the time. Very disappointed. May have to think about
getting different brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Calls will show only once. If not answered I sometimes see a notification of a missed call. 

Notifications will stay unroll deleted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nobody ever answered how to fix this problem other than to say buy a different device

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@azbunny without at least knowing which operating system your running, I'm unable to yell you how to force quit. On android it needs to be done through the phones settings, app, Fitbit, shutdown. It is not enough to swipe of the screen. 

Sorry @SDHSix this is a forum composed of Fitbit users and you may not get the best answer. If you want to state the problem, we may be able help.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did state the problem months ago so I don’t know why it popped up again. It’s a Charge 2 that is supposed to pair with my iPhone for messages etc. I did what was recommended and forced quit etc and it didn’t work. Nobody from the company would help me so I got a different brand and won’t buy another FitBit as the customer support was terrible and the battery charge only lasted two days. Lots if users reported the same problem and the company would not answer requests for help.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
I fixed the problem. I got an Apple Watch🤷‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha that was my thought exactly. So disappointed in FitBit. I can't ask you
about your new purchase or my message gets censored. Thanks for the
feedback have a great day
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SDHSix it is popping up because your still subscribed. Simply tap on the option found at the top of the page and unsubscribe. 

Also their is nothing stopping you from asking through a private message. 

@patmon I not surprised that an apple made device may work with an apple made product being that they are made by the same comosny. Though a search of the web shows their are many issues. 

Android, on the other hand has an operating system made by one company, hardware made by many companies with each adding their own twerks, bells and whistles. Then sold through Cellular service providers that add a few more tweeks, bells and whistles to the 

OS. AS for Apple and 3rd party watches, Apple made the decision to hide their changes and this decision caused a lot of issues with all third party watches, including Garmin with respect to Notificatiions. It sort of looks like Apple is again refusing to play nice, and continue to think they know better, then their customers, at what their paying customers want. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the below, but it still does not work. I'm simply not getting any notifications about calls or text messages. (Charge 2 + iPhone)
Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to setting

notifications

down to opt

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings notifications, messages, options , show previews, if this is on never it won’t shot on Charge 2 , turn on to ALWAYS or WHEN UNLOCKED. Get someone to send you a text.  If still not working do the other things you are told here. But this is the one everyone misses. 

Best Answer
0 Votes