Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not showing calls or messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Charge 2 and it worked fine for a week now It wont show incoming calls or messages ,any advise ?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see new faces around @NicolaPWoman Very Happy To solve the issue with your notifications, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge 2, 3 times in a row 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Make sure that "Enable Notification Widget" is turned on. This can be found with other notification settings in the Fitbit Android App.
  • Turn on "Always Connected" in the Fitbit Android App. What this does is improve the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and your mobile device.
  • Verify that you have notifications turned "On" on-device by holding the button on your Charge 2 for two to three seconds when your Charge 2 is displaying its clock face.

Let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

It's nice to see new faces around @NicolaPWoman Very Happy To solve the issue with your notifications, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge 2, 3 times in a row 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Make sure that "Enable Notification Widget" is turned on. This can be found with other notification settings in the Fitbit Android App.
  • Turn on "Always Connected" in the Fitbit Android App. What this does is improve the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and your mobile device.
  • Verify that you have notifications turned "On" on-device by holding the button on your Charge 2 for two to three seconds when your Charge 2 is displaying its clock face.

Let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My Charge 2 is no longer receiving texts or phone calls.  I have tried your tip and numerous tips in the forums and nothing has worked.  Very aggravated as it used to work.  Please advise if there is a way for me to get it back and working again.

Thank you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning, I noticed after much frustration that when we put our Fitbits on charge ...before it engages and sets in place sometimes it hits the button which is the notification button subsequently it turns off our notifications (so you have to make sure they weren't turned off)

Then if that wasn't it try while your fitbit is charging ....push and hold the button until you see the fitbit logo that will reset your fitbit.

if those two things don't work then go into the app and see if the notifications have turned off in the app, It seems like every couple weeks the notifications stop for no apparent reason and I have to reset the app, twice I have saw that the texts notifications were turned on but it still didn't work so I had to block notifications from fitbit and then allow them again,don't leave the app without sending a test message to be sure its working , its the top right button.

(I actually had to turn on text messages while I wrote this LOL frustrating but I love the "Charge 2"  Its my favorite so far!) hopefully they can fix the bugs in it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I was able to get it working the day before your post. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad to hear you're back on track @GetHealthy1stSmiley Very Happy I was reading that the tips posted here didn't work, so I'd like to know what you tried to get it solved so maybe other users can attempt that and have success with their trackers! 

Thanks for sharing this @NicolaP, haven't realized about that. I'll keep an eye on my tracker next time I charge it. Robot Embarassed

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

You have a great day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you again for your response Nicola.  I did somehow get it to work back in May but it did it again.  Except now when I go to notifications it cycles and a minute or so later it says "Bluetooth Pairing Required" & I click set up and it just cycles and gives me the same message.  So I feel like I am cycling.  My Charge 2 is stil syncing but no texts or calls.  I really like the Charge 2 too but it is really driving me nuts.  It is amazing how much you rely on this stuff to work and how annoying it is when it does not.  Thank you again for your help.  Have a great night.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

We have two Charge 2's .  Messaging, call notification and emails are not working on fit bit. Please help.  I have tried two solutions posted.  Not successful.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. All notifications were on. I unpaired then repair my fitbit to my phones Bluetooth and it works now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@caugat23 what 2 solutions did you try? 

The steps I would try are: 

While viewing the watch, hold on the button to see if notifications are turned on. 

Go into the phones Bluetooth, you should see a device called Charge 2 as a trusted and paired. You may or may not also see a device called Charge 2 classic. 

Open the Fitbit app. 

Tap on the icon of the tracker. 

Tap notifications. 

Tap the hamburger menu in the top right

Enable Fitbit notifications 

Check that notifications are turned on. 

Tap the menu again. 

Send test. 

Now if the Charge 2 is not a trusted device then you will have to wait for the app to pair the Charge 2 to the phone. This can not be done by the user. 

@Barblbs I'm glad it is working. 

I understand how to unpaid (remove) from the phones Bluetooth, but how would you go about pairing the charge 2 back up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem.. i've tried all of these suggestions, nothing is working.    Very Frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I've followed all solutions posted (at least twice) and am still not recieving texts. Call and calendar notifications I get with no issues. all notifications on my (iphone 6) are on and the notifications on my fitbit (charge 2) are also on

Please can you offer any other solution as don't wont to take it back and go with a apple watch!!!!!! please help......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stevo,  I never had messages on my fitbit and didn't even realize it would so after I got the message from you I went to the fitbit app on my phone and went to my fitbit charge 2 under devices, Hit it...... then go to Notifications under general .... and hit text messages and then hit sender and messages.

After I did that I got my first text message on my fitbit , so i guess i should  thank you! 

I hope this helps you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Morning, mine is already on (calls, messages and calendars) but no messages???? Very frustrating.

Sent from Stevo's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stevo134 does Fitbit have permission in notifacafion center? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Rich,

Yes in the Fitbit app (on the phone)all notifications are on and permission is on!!! Notification is also on on the tracker and I do get calendar and phone notification on it, any thoughts?

Sent from Stevo's iPhone
Best Answer

Mine did too but until i actually hit on the text messages and  chose "sender and message"  then at the top right corner of the screen hit the pull down bar and hit "send a test message", if that dosen't work restart the fit bit. and hopefully that will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for the response, on the app (in notifications (iPhone 6)) all are on and I don’t have the drop down option in the top right corner to send test!!

Any other suggestions welcome

Thanks again

Sent from Stevo's iPhone
Best Answer

Charge2 initially got texts and emails, but doesn't anymore.  Have tried resetting Fitbit app and Bluetooth, but no luck. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes