Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not showing calls or messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Charge 2 and it worked fine for a week now It wont show incoming calls or messages ,any advise ?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

received my Charge 2 yesterday and could receive texts and call alerts, now today I can’t. Very disappointed and frustrated as this tracker was the replacement for the Charge HR which stopped working during an upgrade. 

Best Answer

Have you checked to see if notifications have been turned off on the charge 2, @Rexasorus. As mentioned above, hold in the button to check, you can also add the notifications screen. 

If it is turned on then I would restart the Charge 2, by putting it in it's powered charger and holding in the button.

Lets restart the phone.

If it still doesn't work then the problem is with the phone and it would be helpful to know which phone we gave,?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed previous post, turned Bluetooth on cell off and back on and paired tracker and cell, get text and cell alerts.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Re: Charge 2 not showing calls or messages.  Have tried all of the suggestions I can find.

Help please anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JET2018 is it only calls not showing? I assume your Charge 2 has notifications turned on. You can check by holding in the button, or adding notifications to the menu.

Otherwise the problem is not worth the Charge 2 but with the phone may I ask what type of phone the issue is with?

Have you checked the settings in the Fitbit app, and the permissions on the phone.

Lets go to fitbits help docs there is detail help for the 3 different phone OS'

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an iphone 6Plus.   Have followed all instructions and it seems to be an issue with the phone as call and emails from phone not coming through.   Have tried resetting everything and followed other suggestions but still not working.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
I have stumbled across a fix! Go to :

Screen Time
Mark Fitbit App as “Always Allowed”

This has now fixed my problem. Maybe helpful to others

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have only had my Fitbit charge 2 since Christmas 2018 (10 days)! At first the texts and calls were working then last night I realised I’d been having texts and calls on my phone but not showing up in my watch!!! I have tried the instructions on here several times (which I have to say I’m not happy about after only owning it 10 days!!!) and still not working! Not a very good start to my first Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What have you tried to fix it?

Janet
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything shown on post. Checked notifications on on my watch- turned them in and off on my watch and resynced with phone each time.
Plugged it in and reset it 3 times. Turned Bluetooth off and logged out of app. Turned phone off - left it off for a few minutes turned it back on and then logged back into blue tooth and Fitbit app. Nothing! Am really quite angry about it. I’ve checked all of the settings on my phone and all Allie notifications from Fitbit always - I have no idea what else to try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have 6s plus but have checked and already always allowed but mine isn’t working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gina1902 have you held in the button on the Charge 2 to see if notifications or turned on?

Note of the button is held to long notifications will either be turned on or off.

If the Charge 2 says that notifications are turned on and the Charge 2 has been restarted the problem most likely will be in the phone.

If your phone or the Fitbit app had been recently updated, it is possible that permissions will need to be granted.  In this case you will see that the Fitbit app has turned off the notification.

We will need to know what type of phone you have to be able to help?

First thing to check is there notification settings on the Fitbit app.

Then the notification permissions on the phone.

So you get your notifications displayed on the phone while the phone is locked?

This Fitbit help page has instructions for each type of phone, but they may be slightly different based on which version of the OS that you have.

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes I’ve already checked notifications on my watch - they’re in. I don’t see how it can be my phone when it worked initially but then at some point over last few days just stopped??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just sent you a reply. It seems to lose connection &/or a glitch. Try what I suggested and I hope that it helps.

Janet
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If the Charge 2 is set to receive notifications then it will display the notification as it is received.

If your not getting notifications on the wrist it is because the phone is not sending them. 

I would check the phone settings, especially if the phone or the fotbit app has recently had an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t received any reply? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all of what you suggest - nothing works!!! I’m really quite cross about it!!! It worked at first - no phone update - No reason at all for it to stop working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi checked all setting no updates on either phone or Fitbit - not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would contact Fitbit, the link may also be found in the top right slide out menu above, under the help link found below or under help in the Fitbit app.

They have a phone number and live web based support. They will be able to step you through the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gina1902 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your can't receive notifications on your Charge 2 and thank you for taking the time trying @Rich_Laue suggestions. Please go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. Additionally you can check the help site troubleshoot tips here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes