Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing...I get to the 4 digit code and then nothing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very frustrating.  Just got brand new charge 2 and I get to the part where they send it the 4 digit code and then it never loads.  I spoke to customer service and they couldnt help as Ive done all the suggestions such as turn on off bluetooth and delete app and resart (Iphone6).

Please help? Anyone have this and fix it?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Same problem, no luck.  I've tried everything I can think of and everything suggested.  After entering the code, the screen on the Fitbit turns off and it never gets any further.  I've tried with the IPhone app and with a PC and the Fitbit bluetooth dongle.  Guessing its a hardware problem with the Fitbit or something...

Has anyone ever gotten past this?

Best Answer

Same issue with the Charge 2 I received yesterday. I first charged the fitbit for two hours. I reached the point where I entered the 4 digit code and never g\ot any further. The Charge 2 screen turns off and the app just sits on the screen. I let it sit on the screen for an hour. I then restarted the phone, re-installed the app, restarted the fitbit. No luck.

This morning I spent an hour on the phone with fitbit support. Essentially we went through the same steps I performed last night. Result - no success. The support person (who was very nice) finally stated that I needed to return the Charge 2 and Fitbit would send a replacement. Fitbit is covering the return shipping costs.

I'll post again once I get my replacement and see if I have better luck.

Best Answer

@JohnNupieri @HPS451 I'd recommend the following steps if you haven't already tried them:

1. Restart your Charge 2.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. Open you phone's settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.
  4. Use the replacement setup process mentioned here to re-pair your tracker to your already existing account.

If steps 1-4 don't help for some reason, I'd then recommend using the replacement setup process on either a different mobile device or on a computer. Also, please make sure that you are using the most current version of Fitbit Connect or Windows 10 if you are setting up on a computer, click here to update.

@HPS451 I'm sorry to hear that, your replacement tracker should definitely help get you back on track.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to my post on 9/16/2016. I received my replacment Charge 2 yesterday. First, the replacement process went fairly smoothly. I received periodic emails telling me the returned Charge 2 was received and then another email when the replacement Charge 2 was shipped. Dealing with product issues is usually the archilles heel of most companies. Fitbit did a great job first trying to help me get the original device working, and when that failed, getting a replacment device to me.

The replacement Charge 2 synced up with my iPhone on the first try. A software update downloaded and the Charge 2 was ready for use. I am now learning the ins and outs of the device but so far I am very pleased with it.

Hope anyone else who has this issue gets the same resolution I had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Got mine today, exactly the same issue, it will pair but not conect, have followed all the steps suggested, anymore advice please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear you're back on track @HPS451Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience. You have a nice weekend! Smiley Very Happy

Hey you @skshaw, thanks for joining us! Did you already follow what @DerrickS suggests here? Are you using a regular computer or Mac? If so, I'd recommend following the steps posted here.

P.S: I'm suggesting that since I assume that what you're having is a syncing issue and not a pair one, based on what you posted "It will pair but not connect (sync?)"

Keep me posted!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Sounds like the exact problem I have on the Charge 2 I just got.....I wonder if they had a bad batch get out?  After I ran through all the suggestions out there and didn't make any progress, I contacted the online support.  They almost immediently recommended I send the unit in (makes me think this may be a more common issue than they are letting on).  However, I was less pleased to be told I may be sent a "certified refurbished" tracker to replace the one I just bought.....Awsome, buy new to get used 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been at it for some 10-12 days now, ever since I received my replacement Charge 2 (which, from what I read, might be a refurbished device)! How disappointing!!!

Now, I too have tried all possible solutions available online - seems there are TOO MANY people facing the same issue - and in Fitbit help forums, but to no avail.

I TOO have tried all the available troubleshoot (Bluetooth, location, other devices interruptions, amongst others.) steps mentioned on FITBIT help pages and other links posted by community members. Tried setting up on different devices Oneplus 5 (OS: Android 7.1.1) where, incidentally, the previous Charge 2 sync-ed seamlessly and Windows 10. However, the same issue arises on every device. The tracker gets paired, and a 4-digit code is displayed, and that is the end of the story.... The app will leave you on the screen with the message 'connecting' for next few minutes and then 'try again' to keep going in cycles of frustration. The issue with one mobile device is accepted but not connecting to any of the above devices surely confirms that the problem is with the Fitbit tracker itself.

LET ME REPEAT: Never expected such an issue with the pioneer of the fitness devices, highly disappointed. Last thing a reputable company could afford to spoil their brand image. Still hoping for some solution to get this started. 

Hope to get this sorted out. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been at it for some 10-12 days now, ever since I received my REPLACEMENT Charge 2 (which, from what I read, might be a refurbished device)! How disappointing!!!

Now, I too have tried all possible solutions available online: (Bluetooth, location, other devices interruptions, amongst others.) steps mentioned on FITBIT help pages and other links posted by Fitbit community members - seems there are TOO MANY people facing the same issue - but to no avail.

I TOO have tried all the available troubleshoot Tried setting up on different devices Oneplus 5 (OS: Android 7.1.1) where, incidentally, the previous Charge 2 sync-ed seamlessly and Windows 10. However, the same issue arises on every device. The tracker gets paired, and a 4-digit code is displayed, and that is the end of the story.... The app will leave you on the screen with the message 'connecting' for next few minutes and then 'try again' to keep going in cycles of frustration. The issue with one mobile device is accepted but not connecting to any of the above devices surely confirms that the problem is with the Fitbit tracker itself.

LET ME REPEAT: Never expected such an issue with the pioneer of the fitness devices, highly disappointed. Last thing a reputable company could afford to spoil their brand image. Still hoping for some solution to get this started. 

Hope to get this sorted out. Thanks

Best Answer

@ManishSinghal, it will be easy to tell if your replacement unig is a refurbished model, by law it will be stamped refurbished. 

Have you tried setting it up on a different device,  as suggested above, yet?

First thing i would do is go to the forum for your type of phone, tyen search their for a solved thread about tye same problem.

I know of one person who was able to continue by clearing tye apps cache. 

Logging out and back in might also work. 

But using a different device, even a friends phone might be the best choice.

Best Answer

I am so frustrated. I have had my fitbit Charge HR since March 2017. I used to have it synced with no issues. i hadn't used my app in a long time and i had to resync the fitbit. I get as far as putting the 4 digit code in and then it just spins. I contacted customer service and said i can't use my warranty because this device was replaced in August of 2016.. except i bought it brand new in March of 2017 so that's not possible. I am so so frustrated and disappointed with FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this multiple times and I always get stuck at the pairing. This is weird because I have had my Fitbit since June 2017 and only recently it started having problems. First thing I noticed was that the time was behind on my tracker for a few minutes.  I figured I just needed to sync which I tried but kept being dismissed because of a planned sync.

After a day waiting it still didn't want to sync so I turned the tracker off and on, tried again, nothing. Tried Bluetooth, threw away device and now I am stuck to the everlasting pairing.

The tracker seems to be working fine apart from those few minutes behind.

How can I fix this? Untill last week my tracker worked fine and next I know not anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Knijn I'm not sure what. He problem is. 

It sounds like you did remove the charge 2 from your account it am having trouble setting it up. 

You say everything is working but the pairing, if your trying to setup the tracker then everything would not be ok. 

Now if everything is ok I'm not sure how your trying to pair? 

Best Answer

Here’s what worked for me:

- deleted device from Fitbit app

- opened Bluetooth from Settings

- found Charge 2, clicked on “i” and clicked on “forget this device”

- went back to Fitbit app and set up my charge 2 from the start

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my recent response below. Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mashaandthebear the step that worked for you was removing the Charge 2 from your phones Bluetooth. 

Simply telling Fitbit that you do not want to use the Charge 2 by removing it from your account will not fix a sync issue. At best this step will do nothing. Otherwise it simply adds problems. 

A user never had to remove a tracker to set up their tracker again, simply use the add device with the replace option, if it fails then the trackwrtis not removed from the account. 

Best Answer

This worked for me because my charge 2 was never properly paired to the phone. It was recognized by the phone’s Bluetooth and the app said that it was connected, but it didn’t complete the pairing.

I never got past the 4 digit code, just got stuck on the screen. However, when I quit the app and reopened, it was already connected. Then when I tried to open Notifications settings or click on “sync all day”, it gave the error that charge 2 is not paired. When I clicked on “set up” button, the spinning wheel appeared next to “notifications” and nothing happened. 

So no, my approach did not make things worse and worked for me. Might as well work for someone else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here! I tried with all devices that I had access.

Man that sucks.... contacted the customer service...

and on my case there is a another problem, the charger 2 that I have was a gift from a friend that was in the US and came to Brazil... and there is not customer service in Brazil.

I opened a case with fibit but still no reply.

if you have any idea on how to make it work please let me know.

I tried this already.

--reset fitbit
 --reinstall app

--tried to pair on a mac and windows

--tried to pair it on android and iphone

--turned Bluetooth on and off a bunch of times.

all the same, after I entered the 4 digit code to pair the charger 2 it just does not work 😞

all help is appreciated.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's make sure that the Charge 2, not sure what the charger 2 is, is not connected to the Bluetooth of any of the 4 devices that you have tried setting it up with. 

Best Answer