Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking floors accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 does not accurately track floors climbed.  I live in a two story house and some days it shows zero floors climbed!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wendy's suggestion is a good one. I have found that a bit of vigorous arm movement going up and down stairs really helps get stairs counted. I have also had the frustration of being at 24 floors and going up and down the basement steps 20 times to get that elusive 25th floor counted, even moving my arms. I think floors are also counted more accurately on a full charge, but that is just a guess.

And you can hold onto the railing- with the arm without the FitBit on it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

My Alta HR does not seem to track floors climbed accurately.  I live in a two story house and some days it shows no floors climbed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How floors are counted

You must go up 10 feet in Elevation for a floor to count. You also can hold on to the bars as it needs to see the arms moving

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved your Alta question to this one as the same thing still applies

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wendy's suggestion is a good one. I have found that a bit of vigorous arm movement going up and down stairs really helps get stairs counted. I have also had the frustration of being at 24 floors and going up and down the basement steps 20 times to get that elusive 25th floor counted, even moving my arms. I think floors are also counted more accurately on a full charge, but that is just a guess.

And you can hold onto the railing- with the arm without the FitBit on it.

Best Answer

I have a new Charge 2 and it does not record floors at all.  How do we get that to activate?  My wife has the same unit and it records them floors fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes