Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking heart rate when sweating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When working out, and there is sweat, Charge 2 will at some point stop tracking BPM and display two lines, like this --

And from there on, there is no telling what it will do.

Heart rate can suddenly display again, and seems to accurate, it could also display a way lower heart rate than what it really is, and “climb up” slowly.

I have tried wearing it higher on my arm, no good.

Very disappointing...

Gives one a feeling you cannot trust this device.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's nice to see a new member around, welcome @NoamASmiley Very Happy Thanks for trying to wear your Charge 2 higher on your arm in order to make it more accurate, nice way to go! 

I find this happening to me when there is excessive sweat but there are some things that you can do to improve this situation. First clean your tracker's heart rate sensor with cotton and rubbing alcohol. While exercising you can try wearing a sport wristband to easily and quickly remove the sweat, this way your tracker will be able to get a good reading.

Your tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. I guess you might have seen this, but please review our recommendations for wear and other tips shared by @SantiFitbit

If you're wearing the tracker correctly and the heart rate setting isn't turned off, try changing the setting (either Auto to On or On to Auto) and then syncing your tracker. The change won't take affect until you sync. If heart rate still doesn't appear after the sync, try restarting your tracker and wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried numerous ways to get an accurate HR reading whilst training, however find the frustrating “BPM ___” continues. I have compared the accuracy with a Polar chest strap and find there is a significant difference in AVG and Peak HR readings. There also seems to be a 80-100 calorie difference between brands after training sessions. 

I think that the charge 2 may be a better fit for everyday tracking vs. any HIIT.

Best Answer

I just bought the charger 2 a few months ago. I do VERY intense HIIT and if tracks as if I'm in btw sets. It's impossible my heart rate is this low when I'm near max capacity as far as energy use. Very very disappointing. 

Best Answer