Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep after waking up at night

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi for the last 2 weeks my charge 2 has been giving me symphlified  sleep with the odd night showing normal but the last 2 nights all I have is the start of my sleep and then when I have woken up it hasn’t shown me going back to sleep ie: last night I slept for under 2 hours then got woken up I stayed awake for about half an hour then went back to sleep again but my Fitbit does not show this second sleep which was about 4 hours long, just showing me sleeping for less than 2 hours . Any ideas why? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Same here!

Best Answer

It's really anooyong and I can't see why this is happening I am not wearing it any different and it's the same strap. How can it track half of a sleep but not the rest after waking I usually find the opposite that it's saying I am asleep when I am awake laying watching to. 

Best Answer

@Neezy65 @VJG Welcome! It's great to see you around. Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't tracking sleep. Your tracker will start tracking sleep after it detects an hour of inactivity so if you have a light sleep this may difficult an accurate sleep tracking. You can read more about it here. Regarding sleep stages you might not get them for the following reasons:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am frustrated as well. My husband swears I was sawing logs, but my tracker shows no sleep at all. 

I haven't changed the band, or the band-hole for tightness and it suddenly stops showing anything for sleep. Not a second. I know I woke up multiple times during the night, but it doesn't even show classic mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has started working again it’s very strange !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

But the sleep activity is inconsistent. It works sometimes and other times not. 

Last night, I dozed off while watching a movie with my husband and 3 hours passed, but nothing recorded, then I used the bathroom and returned, I went to bed and had two interruptions during the night, and it shows 4.25 hours sleep, but it ended 2 hours before I actually woke up--according to my husband. The band remained in the same place, was fully charged, and I wore it as you suggested, higher up on the wrist. 

My Charge2 used to record anything less than perfect as a simplified sleep time, but it doesn't do that anymore. It just records one sequence and stops. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up this morning with the Fitbit Charge 2 not tracking sleep.  Even though the app was sync'd up, nothing.  I hard closed all apps on smartphone.  Restarted the app and went through the Fitbit app login process.  Sync'd the app to Fitbit and the sleep tracking analyzed and worked! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BerserkKaboom Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 didn't track your sleep and for the delay in my response.

Really happy to hear that this issue was resolved and thank you for sharing what you did to fix this as it may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes