Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

You think I should try that.

Mine s stop working since August try everything 

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.. have adjusted the wristband multiple times since this started happening.. time to buy an Apple watch I think

Best Answer

I have given up

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Have gone through all of the glib standardised advice from Fitbit with no success. This is after some two years when sleep tracking worked properly. No I only get simplified results. I think that the last f

Fitbit update where they introduced scores for each nights sleeved screwed up the software. Fitbit must do better!

Best Answer
I have recently found out that I have sleep apnea at a rate of 26 per hour. No wonder I couldn’t get my sleep analysed - waking every 2 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was getting sleep stages regularly until April 24. From April 25 I now only get hours. Have also tried reset after reading this thread, but without success. I have loved both my Charge HR and my Charge 2 but this is very frustrating. If it can't be rectified, I will have to find another brand

Best Answer

I've tried everything . I also tried my charge 2 on my wife and it works on her. So realistically it can only be my atrial fibrillation that causes the failure. It has never worked on me for all the sleep stages.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Over a year ago, I bought an Oura ring after learning that it’s the best sleep tracker on the market. I love it! It gives me information far beyond what my Charge 2 did.
Best Answer
0 Votes

please elaborate what is the "sleep position" that "prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely."?  eg sleeping on my back? or sleeping on my side?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My comment was from September 2019, right after a software update. It took 2 days before the Charge 2 started working properly. This happens with every computer update, so I wasn’t surprised.  Programmers work hard to get it right, but bugs don’t show up until the release. I now have a Charge 3 and still love it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge 2 remains inconsistent and erratic even after some of my best sever sleeps. Not a good reason for buying a charge 3. I remain convinced that it is FitBit software changes that have caused the problem. Could be intentional.

Regards,
John
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

None of the suggestions worked. Had been wearing the Charge 2 since 2018 and the readings have been inconsistent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

😁 thank you; appears as though changing the heart rate monitor from auto to 'On' has worked for me. I now see detailed sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ues. Happened last month akso. Reoved and reloaded app, after signing out and in and resetting tracker didn’t wirk. Then turned iphone all the way off and on. Removed and reloaded app, reset tracker, 2 days layer it worked fir 6 days, then didn’t wirk agsin. Now none of the above, or all of the above do not work. Suggestiond?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorted or did you go for another brand?

Mine's been playing up since the 23rd June, up till  then it has worked perfectly.

Best Answer

Have tried all of these suggestions with no solve to the issue

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me.   It’s been working fine for months and then all of a sudden the last two nights there is nothing for sleep.  I have done nothing differently.

How do you get in touch with them?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My theory is the Charge 2 is getting old and they want us to upgrade. Both my husband's Charge 2 and mine have been randomly missing sleep stages for the few months. It used to be once in a while, now it is 3 or 4 times a week. Otherwise the watch continues to function great. My conundrum is I really like the sleep score... but I am not in the mood to spend a couple hundred dollars on a new fitbit.

Best Answer
I was wondering the same thing…….I don’t have the money to buy a new one
even if I wanted to. But one of the big things I need info on is my
sleep. If that’s the reason it’s pretty disappointing, isn’t it
Lynn
--
Lynn Innes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was a Charge 2 user until a few years ago -- experienced the same instabilities in Sleep Tracking. Had some health problems crop up in 2018; learned I had some cardiac issues -- significant premature ventricular contractions, arrhythmia, mild AFIB, and so on. About the same time I switched to an Apple Watch 4. for the greater level of health monitoring. I've since gotten my cardiac issues under control with medication, and my Apple Watch now accurately tracks Deep Sleep periods.

My point to all of this is I understand from dialogues with FB Tech Support the Charge 2 uses HRV in determining Deep Sleep periods; cardiac issues might impede the the tracking of HRV and other criteria. My suggestion is if your Charge 2 (and possibly other FB device) is having issues registering Deep Sleep you may want to get a thorough heart checkup.

I'm not saying it's an absolute; your Charge 2 may be providing an indication of larger issues.

For what it's worth,

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes